• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lymphocytic Colitis---possibly Crohn's

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and thought I would share my story. I'm a 34 yr old mom of 2 kids and happily married.

2007- preg #1- 50% stools, 50% D. Delivery was hard. Daughter stuck in birth canal for 2 hours. I finally managed to push her out. Her head circumference was in the 100%.

2007-2010- D continued and became my norm but PCPs turfed it off as IBS.

Dec. 2010- 3rd (new) PCP diagnosed me with celiac disease.

2011- preg with baby #2. Entirely GF, but D worsened. From 8 -39 wks pregnant: recurrent Group B Strep UTIs. Was on broadspectrum antibiotics all those weeks. Plus, on nexium and wasn't informed about probiotics.
(GI did MRE to look for vaginal/rectal fistula- never discovered one)

2/2012- Diagnosed with microscopic colitis (lymphocytic colitis).

5/24/2013- C. Diff infection. Rx Flagyl, Xifaxan.

7/01/2013- Fecal Transplant through colonoscopy. C.Diff tests negative.
Biopsies reveal- high lymphocyte counts.

7/31/2013- Capsule Camera Study @ UF Shands.
Pill Cam revealed- redness in distal portion of small intestine.

8/2013- started Entocort, waiting for Shands GI to fit me in to discuss further treatment. GI has wanted me on biologics, but I'm reluctant without a crohn's Dx.

I have spent $1000s on supplements, probiotics, acupuncture, 3 allergy tests, LLMD, Naturopath, Chiropractor, GAPS nutritionist, Nystatin & Candida Diet, far infrared sauna, rectal O3 insufflation, fecal transplant.....and more!

I feel scared, confused, and lost since anti-tnfs don't seem commonplace for MC treatment. Could this be crohn's?

Kind suggestions, support, or a hello are welcomed! :)

P.S. Should not be in the ttc support group b/c I'm not trying....I just posted a tip there. Now how to get removed from that support group???

Last edited:
I wish I had the answers you are looking for, but can only offer a warm hello, and the assurance that you aren't alone. This is a great place to get the support and comfort you seek. :ghug:

I hope you get in to see the Shands GI soon, and that you find the right medications/diet to help control your symptoms. Best of luck!