• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Erectile dysfunction??

So this is kinda embarrassing. I'm 24. Been on Humira for about 16 months now and for the past few months I've kinda been struggling to get/stay fully erect. I've done a little reading online and found that it can apparently be a side effect of Humira. I'm not sure if it's this, something unrelated or even just in my head (I've been in my head a lot since it first happened) I have a doctor appointment tomorrow to discuss (which I'm dreading) but just wondering if anyone here has experienced similar problems?

nogutsnoglory

I can understand your embarrassment but doctors have heard it all and won't blink an eye. If you are a young and an otherwise healthy guy it's most likely a medication related problem. It would be wise to consult with a urologist if your doctor isn't sure.

Never heard of ED as a sideeffect. No problem here and I'm 58.

Are you taking any anti-depressants?

Last edited:
Please don't worry about speaking to your doctor about this. I am a family practice Nurse and we here it all~ we are there to help you! Good luck

Michele

If your under the weather and worrying about it,no wonder the man is on strike,speak to your doctor and try not to stress, it doesn't,t help.good luck