• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My so-called life with Crohn's

Well let's see I'm new to this site so I guess introductions are needed. I am a 35yr. old man living with crohn's disease now going on 8 yrs. I believe. I have been married for 12 yrs. to the greatest woman that I believe ever existed.I have a 11 yr. old son who is just as sweet and kind-hearted as his mother. Now the good stuff. I have been "living" with this disease since '06 and anyone who knows, knows why I put living in quotations 'cause you don't actually live you just survive. That may be what I call it from now on surviving, 'cause that sounds about right. This disease has taken my job, my health, my personality, my trust in doctors,my social life and my dignity it's taken just about everything that made me. Me. It probably would have ruined my marriage as well but I underestimated how much my wife truly loves me.With out her help and constant research on this I would have given up a long time ago. Her and my sons' love is really the only thing that has kept me going because I don't want to let them down. They try so hard to keep my spirits up which can't be easy 'cause I know at times it would have been much easier to walk away. My wife who is an amateur G.I. knows more than some of my doctors have seriously. She is the one who talked me into getting on here and having some place I could go to tell my story to people who were just like me and who could relate to what I go through. She goes by the name Thunderbear.So I take her advice on pretty much everything so I'm giving this a try also. It just seems like when I look in the mirror I don't recognize the person looking back anymore,but she does and that kind of love is truly the only thing keeping me going. So for her I'd do anything and it hasn't been so bad it actually feels good to talk about it. That's a little piece of my life and who I am and what's going on with me I look forward to hearing back from y'all and getting to know you.And maybe I can help some of you as well.

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum, Mirror. What a great thing to have such a wonderful partner and caregiver to be at your side.

I'm sorry to hear you have been struggling. I do hope you are able to find some comfort and support here. I know the forum has been a wonderful support system, research point and at times venting board for me. It has made a huge difference in my ability to handle my son's diagnosis and treatment plan.

I hope you are able to find some relief soon!

Thanks clash and justanothercp I do have a G.I. but hes in a battle with PCP over who should be treating me. Actually its probably my insurance as well. I thought i could trust him but so far no results. Again thank you both I'll be back later right now duty calls.