• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question about probiotics

I just started taking a probiotic on Wednesday and been having some bloating and more gas than usual (tmi!) My question is, is this a normal thing? It's not too much of a problem seeing as I deal with going to the bathroom multiple times a day. Just wondering if anyone taking probiotics has had the same problem.

Hi CaseyC. I don't think is normal for probiotics to cause side efects. May I ask what kind of probiotics are you taking. Some people are intolerant to the probiotics made from kefir or anything that has lactose on it.

Thanks for the responses. It's Phillips probiotics capsules I'm taking. I seem to be fine these past few days. Maybe my body was just getting used to it?