• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally good news :-)

So I put my husband on a hi protien, carb, calorie diet a week ago. With these "milkshakes" I mmade up with lactose free chocolate ice cream, chocolate Ensure, honey & chcolate protien powder. Its about 1,200 calories and he drinks it every night before bed. Well he went to the doctor today and when we started the diet on the 7th, he weighed 117 lbs (at 5 ft 11 in, that really underweight) and he weighed 124! Seven pounds!! And also, his CD flare seems to be getting better. He dont have D and only has pain when going to the bathroom. His energy is still kind of low but thats normal when hes recovering from these flar ups.
Anyway, wanted to share cause yall understand. I feel like my hardwork & his hard work is paying off. :)

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
That's wonderful news thunderbear1! :D Keep up the good work! I'm glad he has you by his side. *HUGS*