• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Asacol tablets in stool?

:eek2: .
I go abroad on Wednesday - Were sticking to Europe, not to far from home!
Since being diagnosed, I've never felt as good as I do now!

Ive been taking Asacol for about 7 months. Today is the first time I noticed my tablets in my stool..
I got my gloves and picked it out, it squished in my fingers easily, there was still medicine inside.

I rang my consultant and IBD nurse. Typical neither were available and neither have called back.. I suppose this means their not worried?

Someone please put my mind at rest? lol
I've never noticed this before.. I wouldn't be as bothered if I wasn't going away
xx

Thanks very much! I was just worrying because I'm going away! Today was the first time I've noticed this so I'll just keep an eye out for now and hope its a one-off
xx

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I was on Asacol for a couple of years, and after awhile I regularly saw full tablets (full of medicine) in my stool. I was on the 400 mg tablets of Asacol, and I was taking 6 a day. At most I'd see 1 or 2 tablets in my stool every day - but I was still in remission at the time. I'm not sure, but it was my presumption that the 4 or so tablets that I was digesting was enough to keep me feeling well. Seeing 1 Asacol tablet in your stool one time is not cause for alarm in my experience. If you start having any symptoms, or if this starts happening frequently, then let your doctor know. But just one tablet one time, I wouldn't worry.

I would keep an eye on it though. I went from passing the tablets every so often, to passing them just about every day. I don't know if my body gradually lost the ability to break them down or what. So just keep an eye on things and let your doc know if this becomes a recurrent thing. Good luck and have fun on your trip!

Thanks very much everyone for putting my mind at rest! Il keep an eye on it whilst on my trip and go straight to the docs when I get home if this continues! Xxx