09-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Catlady728

My Support Groups:
After eating

So what about the whole eating thing? I sometimes get pain after eating....not really tied to anything and doesnt happen all the time (though it seems to be happening more) I cant figure out if this is a Crohns or IBS symptom.... I usually get and lower right around belly button area....i also get it where the rib cage meets and straight down towards belly button....hopefully that makes sense
09-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
prplkow
Forum Monitor

When I had a real bad flare, everything I ate made my tummy hurt. Eventually it turned out to be what I was eating. Have you tried keeping a food log? It may seem like no rhyme or reason, but it really may be the food you are eating. Somethings give pain immediately and some take a day or so. When I flare, I really have to eat low residue diet. Everything is inflamed inside and just needs to rest. Have you tried any protein drinks, or some simple foods like rice and boiled chicken? Sometimes a heating pad helps with pain too. Hope you feel get some relief.
09-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
Catlady728

My Support Groups:
Yeah i forgot to mention that I may GF/DF and soy free. Been GF for a year and dairy free off and on for several yrs (thats hard for me) soy is fairly new. So i do eat a fairly plain diet....but even some of the 'plain foods' are causing pain....just curious as I am still fighting/trying to get some kinda diagnose other than "it will go away eventually even if we dont treat it"
09-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #4
RosaleeMae
Banned

My Support Groups:
Sure it goes away eventually, but then it comes back after a month and you start all over again. I am the same way! Waiting for appt.and hoping for a pillcam and hoping I can actually get one.