• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can you get waxed while on pred?

I am starting pred this week for a flare, and just realized I had a waxing appointment scheduled for next week. I know pred makes skin more sensitive/thin, so is it safe to get waxed while taking it or should i cancel my appointment?

Thanks.

Hellos,

No idea if this is going to be helpful at all to you, but i waxed while on Prednisone and didn't really feel a difference. It was equally as painful as it usually is. lol.... it wasn't even something i considered while on prednisone.

Good luck! :)

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
For waxing its recommended that you talk to your doctor about any concerns. http://hairremoval.about.com/od/waxing/a/wax-warnings.htm I've never waxed before yet I've seen many members suggest/recommend waxing to other members about any unusual hair growth while on (and caused by) Prednisone. You have a lot of time until next week so give your doctor a call and let us know what they say. :)