• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How to get LDN prescribed in Tennessee?

I plan to ask my doctor about LDN Thursday (or should I say tell my doctor about LDN...) but I cant find any evidence of an LDN compounding pharmacy in my area. So even if my doc will prescribe it (which I doubt), where the heck would I get it?

You can get it from Skips Pharmacy in Boca Raton, Fl. I ordered it from Williams Apothecary in Lancaster , PA. They did the compounding for the LDN phase 2 trial in PA. Very nice to deal with and fast service.good luck!

You can also do a pretty much any compounding pharmacy. I gave our local compounding pharmacy explicit instructions on compounding it as well as Skip's pharmacy phone number.

ok so I can have a prescription filled by an out of state pharmacy and mailed to me? huh interesting, not sure about local compounding pharmacy but I guess maybe my doc would know...I have a feeling he is going to shoot down the whole LDN thing tho based on our prior meetings he already thinks im nuts for being on a liquid diet and taking lots of probiotics (according to him both are a waste of time and money and the only thing I need to avoid are overly fatty foods and dairy)

Absolutely, this is done quite often and there are many mail-order pharmacies. Skip is inexpensive and knows what he is doing

thanks again, asked my doc for it, he prescribed it (reluctantly), and I filled it at a local compounding pharmacy no problem!