• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bleeding whilst on Steroids?

Hi guys!

My name is Chris and I am writing on behalf of my wife who has proctitis, which was diagnosed in 2001. She has had the worst ever flare up now for the last 10 weeks which ruined our summer holidays off school. She has been on Prednisolone steroids for the last 2 weeks and the bleeding had stopped virtually straight away however it started up again at the weekend.

Has anyone else had bleeding start again after it had stopped?

She is very worried at the moment and is worried there might be an underlying problem.

Any advice or experiences would be a massive help!

Cheers
Chris

nogutsnoglory

It's possible that the flare is getting more aggressive and the doctor may need to up the dosage. I don't have personal experience but hope along with your doctor you can quickly put an end to the blood loss. Also please take her to the ER if you find she is losing significant amounts of blood.