• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisone AGAIN!

This week has gotten progressively worse, in terms of inflammation in GI tract and feels like it is now further up, causing very difficult swallowing and restricted airway. Don't know if it is a GI problem, connective tissue flare, or pleurisy. Ugg... didn't even know which doctor to see, so I talked to my GP. I am going for the weekend to see my daughter at college. Thae last thing she needs is a sick mom. My GP has put me on another course of prednisone..pretty high dose, and then will taper. This isn't good, as it will just mask the problem, but my girl is turning 20, and for once I want her to see me and not be so worried! I can breath easier already, and even ate a soft meal. I have dropped to 98 lbs, so maybe this will help. I am bound and determined to make this a nice time with her! When I get back, the doctors will have to address finding a steroid sparing agent.... for most of you, doesn't all of this get old??? It is like going in circles! Thanks for reading.... I just feel in a rut, ya know? It is comforting to be with a group what end. Thank you for reading! :()

There are definatley times when I get fed up with all the medication changes but I try to stay positive and think that it will make things better in the end.
Pred is horrible but has helped me on many occasions whilst bridging the gap when things aren't going so well.
I really hope they can get this sorted for you soon

I should not have rambled and complained! It WAS a wonderful but quick weekend with my girl, and I was able to eat, swallow and breath more than I have in weeks, with the inflammation down in my stomach and airway, and blood vessels. Just scary being on and off of it for many, many years, and it is the reason my colon perforated. Yes, it does need to be sorted! Thank you for the support!

This is a good place to ramble!!! I love comin on here and talking cause u guys understand and I don't stress my family and friends out all the time with my complaining!!! I just gotta be careful not to get into negative post or googling stuff because 90% of time it's negative and brings me down and I'm all about being positive!!!! And I too am struggling with upper inflamation and trouble breathing but I've slowly gotting my appitite back and I'm putting the weight on fast!!! I've been on entocort 9mg daily for a while and it seems to very slowly be working but anyways I'm praying for u and a speedy recovery

Do you know what exactly is causing your upper inflammation and trouble breathing? I do not really understand the mechanics of how GI problems can affect one's breathing. I am much more familiar with connective tissue disease and vasculitis.

That is a healthy attitude and awareness that you have! Yes, too much googling is not good! I am good at "adapting to the situation", but not knowing the cause of it kind of throws me off.

I hope that the entocort is helping you!

No I have not figured out the cause of my shortness of breath, and chest pressure? I've been to the er and had every test imaginable and it always pints back to Crohn's? I have a duodenal ulcer that I'm sure is causing indigestion which is obvious with my burping all the time maybe it's all due to the ulcer and upper inflamation? I have so many different issues throught out my body I'd have to take months off work to just get them diagnosed and ain't nobody got time for that!!! Lol but seriously nothing surprises me with Crohn's anymore it can wreck havoc all over the body!!!!

I have a dr's appointment on the 10th of October hopefully we can figure something out I'm sure I'll have to a full panel blood work up like always!!! They've took so much blood from me I'd figure I'd be dry by now?

AHA....! I burp a lot too! (was caused by 2 incisional hernias in the past, and now is happening again.) :yrolleyes: After I burp, my airway is less restrictive. Hmm.... maybe we are on to something!

In any event, I will keep my fingers crossed, and pray that your appointment goes well on the 10th. I hope your blood floweth!