Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » Its time for my shot but I have the Flu


09-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
cleuger
Senior Member
 
cleuger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Space Coast Florida

My Support Groups:
Its time for my shot but I have the Flu

I just dont know how to handle this. My shot was due Friday when I got home from work I started vomiting then came the fever runny nose sneezing diarrhea. You name it I have it. Im going to call my Gastro in the morning Ive already text my boos to let him I wont be in. How do others handle this when their sick and shot it due?

TIA
__________________

Diagnosed 10/02/2012 Crohns Colitis
05/28/14 Surgery Abscess due to Fistula
09/18/2014 Surgery Total Proctocolectomy
rectum removed and closed up.
Best Decision I ever made.

Gastro Released me said I didn't need meds any longer

Have 3 kids only 1 at home 17 yr old is Type 1 Diabetic


Currently Taking
Tramadol
Xanax
Multi Vitiman
09-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
valleysangel92
Moderator
 
valleysangel92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United Kingdom

My Support Groups:
I had a similar situation last year, I couldnt have my flu jab because I had a TB jab and then got ill. I phoned the practice that was due to do it and told them my situation and the symptoms that I had. They just cancelled the original appointment and then said call back when I felt a bit better. I had the jab about 5 weeks after i originally should have but this didn't cause any problems.
__________________


Nicola
coeliac disease/Osteopenia /Crohns/Arthritis/
laperoscopic hemicolectomy 25/06/ 2013

Meds- Vedolizumab, pentasa, Lansoprazole, Vitamin D, prochlorperazine, Oramorph, MST, B12 shots My journey with crohns: http://glutenfreecookiemonster.wordpress.com/

Allergic to - inflectra, aza

Non CD meds - Gabapentin, paracetamol, ventolin
10-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
Brian'sMom
Senior Member
 
Brian'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kansas

My Support Groups:
We've always been told to be fever free for at least 24 hours. Check with your GI
__________________
Kathy, Mom of 14 yr old Brian
symptoms 2005, official dx 6/2010

Praying for Remission
Vedolizumab 8-8-14
Ileostomy 3/22/14
Multivitamin,Iron,Vit D

Total EEN 12-10-13 to:TPN 1-29-14 - 4-2-14
Tried:Azathioprine,Pred,Pentasa,Cimzia Bi weekly & MTX 9/2013 to 8/2014, Humira 1/2011-9/2013, w/oral mtx 5 mos in 2013. Remicade: Had allergic reaction Jan 2011 Built up antibodies by 3rd infusion.
Has done round of Flagyl due to abcess 12/10 and 10-21-13 which helped both heal quickly.
10-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
cleuger
Senior Member
 
cleuger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Space Coast Florida

My Support Groups:
I went ahead and gave myself my shot a couple of days after the symptoms resided. I still had a little bit of a low grade fever but for me I never know if its a bug or crohns. Ive always ran a low grade fever off and on so I took the shot and am doing fine.

Thanks for your response
10-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
nogutsnoglory
Moderator
 
nogutsnoglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

My Support Groups:
I have also been told to withhold taking the injection until fever has subsided for 24 hours. I have however given myself an injection with a low-grade fever only because I had it for so long and I didnt want to wait.
Reply

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » Its time for my shot but I have the Flu
Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.
Copyright 2006-2017 Crohnsforum.com