• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My first time here

Hi, My name is Jennifer.

I was diagonosed with Crohns Disease only about a year and half ago. I've been on Asacol (now Lialda), Budesonide and Vicodin. Before my bowel re-section surgery in May this year, 2013, I was on two different antibiotics 15 days out of every month for 7 months. After my surgery, I began Humira. Between the surgery and Humira, my abdomen seems to be doing better. However, I have this very debilitaing knee discomfort/ pain and anal leakage.

I have applied and been denied twice for social security disability and now am being represented for the hearing. I have only worked maybe 8 hours total in the last two years. Between the disease effects and the side effects from the medication, I found myself not being able to function clearly. I can't even keep up on the housework much less work in my profession as a private investigator which I have worked very hard and love so much.

I am lucky to have a husband who loves me dearly and provides me with health insurance but all my medication expenses and lack of income is taking a toll on our relationship.

I'm sure other people are going through the same if not worst experience and I just want to know if there is ever hope that I can be normal again someday or should I just surrender and deal with it.

Thank you and I appreciate the chance to share and vent!

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Jennifer. Welcome to the forum. I want to tell you remission is possible. I had about 20 years of being medication free. I could work and live. I hope the same for you. Sending you my support and best wishes.

Welcome Jennifer! Scout around the Forum and hopefully you will find some helpful information.

Welcome Jennifer. Yes it's possible to get into remission. I hope you achieve it soon. Good luck on your hearing.

Hi Jennifer,
Welcome! I am hoping that you go into remission and can get back to doing what you love. Just take one day at a time!