• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My intro. 28 year old female with Crohn's Disease.

Hi Everyone
I am a (just turned today) 28 year old female with Crohn's Disease. I was diagnosed in 2008 with moderate-sever CD. Was confirmed with a colonoscopy. I have been through many and various medications including the ASA's, Entocort, imuran, prednisone, remicade and humira. I have had an implanted IV, Power Port, for 4 years and just recently had it removed. I have an almost 2 year old son and after having him I was luckily in remission for almost a year. I have been med free for almost 3 years however my CD is back and active and I also developed a mild stenosis (narrowing) in my bowel as well. Planning on starting back on Humira as soon as funding goes through for it.
With everything I am going through lately and a bunch of different appointments (colonoscopy, surgical removal of power port, action plans, etc) I have started vlogging my journey hoping to help others and also have others to talk to as I feel alone a lot of the time and no one I know goes through what I do.
The other side of it as a woman is being able to be healthy enough to get pregnant, carry a baby gestationally as well as deliver and post partum. We want another baby now so I will be documenting what that entails as well :)
I hope you will join me in my journey and subscribe to my channel, leave some comments with your stories or questions for advice. I would love to build a nice group online. I just found this forum today and thought I would share with you guys.
Hugs.
womanVSCrohns
***search "womanvscrohns"**** on youtube

:)

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, and happy late birthday! I'm sorry to hear what you've been dealing with, but very glad to hear how well you've handled it and that things are going well!

I hope you continue to be a part of the forum, as it sounds like you have a lot of information that could benefit others. :)