• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Buffalo hump

I've been off prednisone since March. Moonface and swelling is gone, but I still have a huge buffalo hump. I'm pretty self-concious about it, will it ever go away?

Hi there. I'm sure it will. I just came off of prednisone myself. I haven'thad thepleasure of dealing with the Buffalo hump butI always suffer from moon face, weight gain, acne (which is great because I'm 35), mood swings, unwanted hair growth, etc. Some side effects take longer to go away than others. Just try to be as patient as possible. I know it's difficult, but I'm sure it will go away in no time. :) sorry I'm not anymore help, just wanted you to know that you aren't alone with these dreadful pred side effects.