• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

2 anal fissures for 9 months straight!

I have had 2 fissures for 9 months straight, im at the point where im struggling, as you can imagine the pain of 2 and for 9 months i am doing my exams soon and i do not know what to do

They will not heal, ive tried rectogesic cream, and all sorts of stuff. HELP

I cant afford fasting as i only weight 50kg (120lbs) due to crohns down from 70kg

Catherine

Couple question first. . Are you doing VCE unit 4 exams?

Did you complete the SEAS application. You can apply for special exams arrangements, you need to talk to your school.

There is guide put out by Crohn's & Colitis Australia called Students with IBD A guide for primary, secondary and tertiary educators.

I can't stress strongly enough that if you doing Year 12, you need to talk to your school now.

I speaking as mother of a year 12 student with Crohn's.

Best wishes.

Hey! Thanks for replying no I am just finishing year 11 now however I am on an 80% scholarship will they think its to much effort and remove it??

DustyKat

Super Moderator
If your fissures are due to inflammation then you will need to get the inflammation under control first or no amount of Rectogesic will work.

What medication are you on and where is your Crohn's located?

Dusty. xxx

nogutsnoglory

I'm with Dusty, these things are nasty and don't resolve easily and need disease management to heal. Are you on any treatment?

Sitz baths will help with the pain and may assist in the healing process. The main trick will be IBD medication.

Colocort helps me with that. Sometimes painful at first but it brings the inflammation down and the diarrhea that causes my fissures. Never had two at once... I can't imagine. I also do sitz baths for some relief. Mine are usually going inside... So I'm not sure if what works for me would help you :( Hope you find some relief soon.

What maintenance meds are you on?
Ten years ago - a single infusion of infliximab induced remission and literally cleared up my fissure overnight.
Ten years later - nothing cleared it and I had to have a stoma for 18 months so it could heal.

The methods I have used to try and manage the fish hooks and razor blades of a fissure -
* get a bidet and use it every time
* baby wipes if there is no access to a bidet
* super hot sitz bath after every BM
* rectogesic
* lignocaine
* calmoseptine
* when things go truly bad - hospital + morphine
* I also tried Botox in my rectum - didn't work - but might be worth a shot ( it's done by a CRS to relax the sphincter and stop the painful spasms)

Get the disease under control - and the fissure should heal though.
What is your GI doing to get it under better control?
I hope you get better soon - I really sympathise with your suffering.
Don't let it get out of control!

Ooh... I forgot to mention -- Donnatal helped relax the spasms I had that made the pain and discomfort much worse. The problem is that it makes me a little foggy and I don't know if that would be a good strategy if you are studying/ taking a test. It does effect everyone differently though.