• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed and Frustrated

edit: nvm. Just diagnosed!

Edit. What I posted yesterday was more of a vent than an actual introductory post... And perhaps TMI. :eek:

I'll summarize the previous post to I've had digestive issues my whole life and was frustrated with lack of diagnosis, but as of a phone call I received soon after I posted this yesterday, I have a diagnosis! So crazy. Maybe joining gave me good karma...?

Officially diagnosed with Celiac Disease. As it turns out I'm selectively IgA deficient and the previous blood results were thus false negatives. So complex... Glad I was reviewed by more than one doctor, and that a thorough analysis of my bloodwork was ordered with the second one or this may not have been caught.

I don't have Crohn's, but I hope you guys will welcome a Celiac on the board anyway. :) And best of luck to all of you with your diagnoses and treatments, especially those not diagnosed yet. Not knowing what's wrong is the worst..

Last edited:

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Welcome to the forum!!! :welcome: Of course we'll welcome you! There are many of us in all types of these challenges. Sometimes there are a few of us that go through the same thing. Other times, it just takes a little venting or discussion in order to help us feel a little better about our situation.

There is hardly anything that will shock us so don't worry about anything being a TMI on here. In fact, if you'll take a look around there are all kinds of things that we discuss and share on here that we don't feel comfortable telling others. I encourage you to take a look around and please let me know if you have any questions. Take care!

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community :) While Celiac is certainly a tough disease to deal with, I'm VERY glad you have it and not Crohn's disease as it tends to be much worse. Still, my heart goes out to you and I pray that now that you have a diagnosis that things will start looking up for you very quickly.

I wish you nothing but the best from here out.