• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Disappointing scope results on AZA

Hi guys

So i just had my third colonoscopy within the past 16 months and it showed that I now have severe ileitus.

I have been on Entocort for a year and have now been on 6MP for 8 months. I'm not quite sure why it's got worse. Has anyone had this before on AZA/6MP?

Seems we can officially say 6MP has failed me... Anyone else?

There was also tonnes of slimy green bile that my GI had to get his 'power wash' out to see through... Is this normal? I thought the prep worked because I had clear water coming out.

One more q - does anyone know what patchy erythema and hypergranularity is?

Now looking forward to eating, and poss falling asleep cos my sedation didn't work!

Any advice/stories will be much appreciated

Thank you guys xx

I think it is time for you to consider trying another medication- one of the biologics - Remicade, Humira or Cimzia.

Thanks kh216 - I have spoken to my GI and am going to start Humira now... I am desperate to come off the 6MP asap inbetween though!

M xx

6mp also failed me ! I am now on humira and so fat so good you should tell to your consultant about medication change hope you feel better soon x