• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pleurisy while taking AZAthioprine

I started taking AZA on Thursday. Dr said if I have stomach pain to stop taking it and call the office. I don't have stomach pain but I have chest pain. Should I be concerned? I probably need to call to dr.

Dx Nov 2012
Current meds pentasa 500mg 8 daily budesonide 9mg protonix 40mg
Prednisone 5 mg synthroid 112mcg AZA 100mg

I started taking AZA on Thursday. Dr said if I have stomach pain to stop taking it and call the office. I don't have stomach pain but I have chest pain. Should I be concerned? I probably need to call to dr.

Dx Nov 2012
Current meds pentasa 500mg 8 daily budesonide 9mg protonix 40mg
Prednisone 5 mg synthroid 112mcg AZA 100mg
What ended up happening?

GI DR said to call my primary dr. :/ and he could call my GI To discuss what I could take. No word from either dr. But chest pain has gotten better with time.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Glad to hear you're feeling better! I know what you're talking about with being passed back and forth between doctors. My last 2 doctors did that when I was on a different insurance. Seemed to take forever to get an offical response. I hope you finally hear back from them, even if the help comes a little late. :hug: