• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hairloss - Side effect from Pentasa?

Hi everyone,
I have recently discovered that my has gone much thinner. I have taken Pentasa for about 2 years and are right now on Entocort. I read in the forum that hairloss might be a side effect from Pentasa. Before I had really thick hair and now I feel like almost half of it is gone, so I'm getting a bit worried.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to stop my hairloss?
Do you now any schampoo's, pills or other treatments that will boost my hairgrowth? I want my old hair back, please help! :(

Hair vitamins possibly. I'm on pentasa but I've always had thin hair. I don't think its getting thinner though. Coconut oil is amazing for your hair too you could try that.

Hair loss can definitely be a side effect of Pentasa. Also, when you don't get enough vitamins that can sometimes cause thinning hair. It wouldn't hurt to mention it to your doc, and maybe get some general labs done to test for deficiencies. You could try to get some shampoo or conditioner with biotin in it, that can help thinning hair a lot.