• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weight gain....sex?

I'm only 86 lbs and am 5'7, I just got my ileostomy over a week ago. I really need to gain weight. Have any of you gained weight after surgery? And how fast?

Another question....I'm 23 and I haven't had sex since my sons father and I split about 4 years ago. Due to low sex drive and having a recto-vaginal fistula, since surgery I have a really high sex drive and am actually wanting to have sex. How long should I wait after surgery?

I'm only 86 lbs and am 5'7, I just got my ileostomy over a week ago. I really need to gain weight. Have any of you gained weight after surgery? And how fast?

Another question....I'm 23 and I haven't had sex since my sons father and I split about 4 years ago. Due to low sex drive and having a recto-vaginal fistula, since surgery I have a really high sex drive and am actually wanting to have sex. How long should I wait after surgery?
Congrats on your surgery.

I had lost a lot of weight before my surgery because it was painful to eat, I had frequent bowel movements and I was vomiting a lot. Once I was able to eat post surgery, the weight came on easily. I'm 150lbs now and 5'10". I was 118lbs a month before surgery.

That's good news about your sex drive. The general rule is to try again when you are pain free. Take it slow since you are right out from surgery. You don't want anything to become damaged or have any incisions open up.

Nyx

First to the weight gain question: I gained it pretty fast as I was actually hungry all the time and could eat whatever I wanted for the first time in Lord knows how long. I'd say I put on about 20lbs in the first 2 months.

To the sex question: I actually had sex while I was still in the hospital...lol I was in for over a month though, but like you, sex was painful before and my sex drive had decreased as well. I couldn't wait...lol Just make sure that your partner is gentle and not too much jumping up and down on each other. It should work well if you're on top and don't have to put any pressure on your stomach. Hope this wasn't too much information!

I actually had sex while I was still in the hospital...lol I was in for over a month though, but like you, sex was painful before and my sex drive had decreased as well. I couldn't wait...lol
The awesomeness of this post can't be ignored!

Vegan, yeah I'm 5'7 and was only 77lbs before going into surgery, its been almost 2 weeks and I'm up to 94. Lol. I can't stop eating. It's crazy, I love having my appetite back.

Nyx, no its not to much info. Lol, that's a good idea to be on top so there is no pressure on my belly. I'll have to try that. The only bad thing is my incision is right on my panty line. So it might hurt s bit more. I know its weird but I love having a sex drive back. Before I could careless about it and I'm 23 so not wanting sex was just weird. Lol.

nogutsnoglory

I have been steadily gaining weight since surgery. I think you should wait a few weeks for sex but really when you feel ready. Maybe do some of the less impactful stuff first that is less likely to hurt.

I hope I'm going to gain weight now I've had my surgery. I was so sick following the surgery and can't believe how much I lost in just a couple of weeks, even though I was on TPN. I actually dared weigh myself and I'm now 30kg (fully clothed), and I'm 165cm. (Or 66lb and 5'6".) :eek: