• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Really painful headaches whilst flaring??

I get really painful headaches pretty much like a migraine they mainly happen whilst I'm flaring and sometimes when I'm not(I do have a problem with my jaw) but I have noticed that whilst I'm in a flare my head starts to really hurt and I also end up feeling really dizzy and my vision blurs-I have collapsed due to this, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them??

I had this happen to me. It was determined that the headaches were caused by Humira, and I had to go off of it. I still struggle with the headaches, my neuro said they may take years to go away. But it is much better now. I am also on two meds for the headaches, zonisamide and amitriptyline. Are you on any meds? Headaches can be a major side effect for many medications. I think it wouldn't hurt to get this checked out by a doctor, and maybe get an MRI of your head done. I had this performed to rule out any other possible cause, and it relieved me so much.

I'm on Azathioprine, but I can only take paracetamol for the headaches to be honest the paracetamol doesn't touch the headaches so I have given up taking it, yeah I think I'm going to ring an make an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow.

I get them too! Well I had 3 migraines after starting 6mp. I have gone off of it now, but today I feel a bit of a headache. I feel like it starts behind my eyes, usually my right. It was so bad the other day I nearly went to the ER. :( I hope I don't get another one. !!

I get them too! Well I had 3 migraines after starting 6mp. I have gone off of it now, but today I feel a bit of a headache. I feel like it starts behind my eyes, usually my right. It was so bad the other day I nearly went to the ER. :( I hope I don't get another one. !!
2 day ago I nearly went to A&E because it was so bad but I didn't because I couldn't stand up to get in the car so I just let it pass but it's still around and hurting my head like crazy :( I hope that it passes soon!!