• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Wow i almost feel bad for being on here

SpoonNinja

Spoonie
wow i almost feel bad for being on here

Hi everyone i accually found this site doing a research paper for my final multi genre research paper. im doing it on crohns disease because i was diagnosed with it about a year ago but i havent taken it seriously at all.
my mom was in the hospital when i was diagnosed i was only 16 at the time and i was diagnosed by a dr. i hated his name was dr.turk i couldnt understand him. i was diagnosed after a colonoscopy and when i told my mom she started crying. i still dont understand it.
i do have problems with it. being my senior year of high school and stressing out about all the exams i have missed a lot of time due to apin. ive had other sugeries ( reflux of the kidney at age 7 volleyball sized cyst on my right overy the cyst and overy removed at age 13 and my gull bladder removed at age 15) but when i was diagnosed with crohns i thought it would be an easy fix with a sugery because ive been in the hospital so much its basically my second home. so when i found it was life long and they started putting me on all sorts of drugs i was overwelmed. i was put on pentasa and prednisone and a few others i dont remember. i hated it and still do i skip my meds a lot because i hate taking them. so when i have pain i wont go to the hospital because the drs all hate me i think they never do anything to help and so i wont go and my mom will make me a "cocktail" as i call it which is some of her meds mostly pain meds and mucle relaxers so i can sleep which i have a horrible time doing anyways. i go to bed at 7 and have no social life because im tired and lazy but i recently found that the meds im on as well as the crohns can do that.
yes i no im ramballing im not good at this stuff i dont even tell my dr everything because i dont want to hear the lecture and being a 17 yr old girl i dont like talking about my bum or poo do i do my best to stay home and i never have ne one over my birthday is the 26th and ive canceled it because of the pain and other symptoms i thought that maybe because all of you have had the same things you could give me some advise on everything.
ok i will stop now since this is so long ^.^ i feel bad tho because none of my symptoms are as bad as ive read some of yours are so i dont want to complain which is why i never tell anyone the extent of my sympotims. well thank you for reading this if you have! i would really appreciate your help and advise!
SpoonNinja (Tabathe)

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hi SpoonNinja, and welcome.
Don't feel bad about being here at all. This is what we are here for - to support you. I know it must be hard as a girl teenager to talk about poop, so if we can listen - vent away! There are several high school/college kids on here that you can talk to.

You probably know this already, but it's really not a good idea to skip your meds. Try to take them as regularly as you can - that may help your keep out of pain a bit more. The more calm you can keep the disease the better. Also - depending on what meds you are taking of your mom's - some of them might actually mess with your Crohn's even more. I know that we aren't supposed to take Advil or Aleve, it can cause intestinal ulcerations or bleeding (I think that's right?) so be careful with those too.

Do you know what is causing your pain? You might want to try and tailor your diet a bit to some bland foods with little fiber and see if that helps.

Complain away - we don't mind at all - and welcome again!
MBH

Don't be afraid to tell your doctor EVERYTHING that is going on. It may seem too personal to you, and it is hard for all of us to talk about things like bathroom habits, our bums, etc. but you have to get over this soon. It will save you a lot of pain and frustration if the doctor knows as much about your disease as possible. Also, if you don't like your current doctor, no reason not to switch.

SpoonNinja

Spoonie
wow thanx a lot i know i should take my meds more regularly and i will do my best! ive already alterd my diet a lot to, greesy and fried foods will make it worse i cant have twislers either which i love! but i try to keep them out of my diet. i know i cant have ibuprofen they used to give it to me by like 9 bottels amonth from my primary dr but they found that was causing some of my pain.
also ive had 3 different drs. as i said i starded with turk then i asked dr. downing (the one who took my gull bladder out) to recommend one for me and he sent me to dr.gjerosoe but she dismissed me as a patient because of the other things i had wrong with me. now i have dr. byer and he is a old prude and very mean and we have medicade so there are only so many opptians of drs i have. but i will try and make it work with byer. as i said im doing a lot of research on this for my paper and im also making a list of questions and things to talk about with byer at my next appt wich falls on my graduation date june 5th so i have to miss that :( but this is more inportant than walking for my graduation so its ok.
i really hope that talking with people on here will help me get more comfortable talking about these things so i can tell my friends and family what im accually feeling also talk with these things with my dr too!
thanx again for listening i really do think this is a great thing this forum is doing!

hey ninja!
ok first off, dont settle for a doctor that does not give you what you need- medically or supportively! i hear you, that its hard with the insurance and all, but there are physicians out there who really do care, i promise! you really need someone who is interested in doing there job to help YOU.
next- dont feel bad at all for being on here! maybe you dont have the worst symptoms, but girl you have been through a lot! there is thread somewhere around here called "something to think about for all members", and it describes how everyones pain and suffering is important, regardless of the severity. no one deserves this and everyone's quality of life is important.
and like the others said- take you meds!! lol,we dont want to sound like your mommies, but really, you said yourself how crappy you feel, they might just help if you take them regularly! anything is worth a try, you deserve to have more of a life and not have to cancel things all the time because you dont feel good.

i can totally relate to you about having a hard time talking about your poo and bum. im 19 myself so i can really relate :) high school was ROUGH, absolutely! recently though i have really opened up to my close friends. told them everything about my butt, poo....all of it! and you know what? they are still my best friends and maybe even better friends bc they know how to support me even more, bc they know the details of whats going on! it has been very healing (mentally, emotionally, whatever) to have them really there for me now.

well keep us updated on how youre doing! you deserve to feel better, but only you can make it happen by taking care of yourself!
and we will be here to help you thru it :D

oh and good luck with that paper. essays are just about my least favorite thing in the world lol!

You have to look at it this way... that doctor has been doing that for years most likely and has seen and heard it all. I know its a little embarasing to talk about it at first but they have been there and seen hundreds maybe thousands of other paitents durring their practice. I mean imagine how hard it is for them to go out to eat or something and seen someone who's butt they have looked in... when you look at it like that you relize that its not that big of a deal, just tell them everything you are feeling and whats going on... If you don't feel like saying it you can always keep a body function diary and then when you go to see the doc just say i haven't felt comfortable talking about this yet but here, and give it to him. just write down what pain you have, draw pictures of the area if need be and put in what you ate, what came out and how it felt. This will make things so much easier for him to diagnose and determine what to put you on.

Mark33180 said:
I mean imagine how hard it is for them to go out to eat or something and seen someone who's butt they have looked in... when you look at it like that you relize that its not that big of a deal,
:ylol2: :ylol2: :ylol2:

Never thought of it that way before.