• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling depressed today

nogutsnoglory

I am just not having a good day and need to vent. I have pain in my butt and am afraid I have a new abscess or fistula. I mean if this damn ileostomy, all the prior surgeries and the medication can't keep these things at bay what the hell will? I'm exhausted fighting this shit. How much pain and suffering can one take?

I just want my life back already. I had a glimmer of hope and started getting a tiny more energy which prompted me to begin seeing friends again but of course now the pain and being dizzy and weak return. I get so off balance that it's disabling. It's not any vitamin deficiency I can think of, not vertigo, not an eye or ear problem. I don't know anymore. I feel really depressed right now :( crohn's controls my life and I feel like I'm a prisoner to it.

afidz

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear this NGNG. I don't have any advice for you as far as your pain goes, but you are in my thoughts. I hope for your sake its not another fistula or abscess.
Try and keep your head up, I know you have been through a lot lately, you deserve a sense of normalcy in your life again.

Thinking of you, sending posative thoughts!!! I hope tomorrow (well later today) will be a much better day for you!

I had a bad day as well, so maybe it is just in the air and today nothing but clear sky's <3

Michele
Stay strong!!!!!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Methotrexate can take a few months to start working so give it some time (easier said than done I know). Hopefully adding it will help with the pain. Have you checked your blood pressure lately? Wondering if that could be the cause of your feeling dizzy. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you get some answers and feel better soon. Keep us posted. :hug:

nogutsnoglory

Thanks guys I'm praying its something minor and that it doesn't require additional surgery or more tests to determine its cause. I am hoping its just the setons irritating me but this pain is all too familiar. Sigh.

Blood pressure has always been ok so that isn't causing the dizziness. That's been a chronic problem for years but gets much worse when I'm flaring badly.

Thank you all for your support. I appreciate you all and this forum every day but even more when life sucks.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I was going to say blood pressure too. When my sodium level drops, my BP goes with it, and I get super dizzy and light-headed. When's the last time you had bloodwork done? Are you dehydrated at all?

I'm sorry to hear you're so down today, I was hoping things would keep getting better now that you've got the stoma. Hopefully this is just a bad day and nothing more. I do know the feeling, sometimes I feel like I take one step forward and about 5 steps back. You just have to keep trying to move forward, regardless. I really hope it's not a fistula or an abscess - but if it is, I hope your doctors can come up with a reasonable explanation as to why you'd have one with a stoma! Good luck and big hugs, hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

Hello NGNG, Im just going to toss this out there. You say when you are flaring this happens more often. I am guessing that when a flare happens it can cause anxiety and tension - the anxiety/tension can make a dizzy, lightheaded feeling. Worry with this dam illness is so easy to do and not just because what is happening the what might happen. Try to pay attention to your breathing when you feel this way? Some breath shallow and it can actually signal the brain that there is not enough oxygen - dizzy lightheaded feeling. Try to breath normal and see if it might help. Many pish sha off meditation and breathing exercises but it can help some - especially when dealing with a chronic illness, pain and stress. You have been through a lot and sometimes when you feel you are just getting a grasp the stress of what has happened can follow.

Just a possibility. I hope you feel better.
Mantra - I am alive and I can get through this ~
As Always Ask your Dr. -

nogutsnoglory

Thank you if, the thing is it can happen randomly when I'm anxious or not. Generally I'm standing in a group, focused on someone or something when it happens. I think having to concentrate like that throws me off balance. I do find deep breathing helps to try to mitigate the symptoms of collapsing. It can range from annoying to very distressing.