• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New-feeling a lot of shame and depression

Hi Everybody,
I posted in the support forum first because that is what I am needing-support.I was diagnosed with microscopic colitis a few weeks ago through a biopsy of a polyp from a colonoscopy. My doctor has been little help, except to put me on Lialda, which did stop the months long diarrhea I had been going through. I feel very alone and am reticent to tell people about the colitis because I feel ashamed talking about it. I am not in the habit of sharing about my bowel distress and difficulties and I feel embarrassed doing so even with my doctor and therapist.
I have googled for information and got the one book I could find on Microscopic Colitis I could find, just called Microscopic Colitis. It has been very helpful, but it is a book but I feel so alone and isolated, I need contact and connection with others. I found this forum by chance through google while looking for a local in person support group in L.A. (didn't find that-if anyone knows of one please do let me know).
I am having difficulties with the diet. I can maintain it, but I feel so limited and that has led me to feel depressed.
I asked a lot of questions in my post in the support forum (newly diagnosed and in need of support), so I won't repeat myself here.
Even though I have had bowel issues most of my life, I was still shocked to get the diagnosis that I have an IBD. I think that in my heart of hearts I believed the problems would somehow go away.
I would love to connect with others here!
Thanks for reading this.
FrannyLA