• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Which would be the best elemental diet for leaky gut, h pylori and gastritis?

Monosachirides(single sugars) are most compatible with leaky gut since they pass straight through the gut wall however I have read many things about fructose including that it is a fermentable carb and will cause fermentation in the colon. Also taking fructose in large amounts for energy is not wise especially when you have so many other problems. I'm even showing rapid tooth decay so really need to avoid sugar.

Anyway for someone with adrenal fatigue, multiple chemical sensitivities, advanced leaky gut(intolerant to everything and hence elemental approach), h pylori/gastritis(to be treated with antibiotics) and rapid tooth decay please list in order what do you think is the best carbohydrate to take from the following in my elemental diet:

Honey
Grape Syrup
Rice Syrup solids
Dried Glucose syrup
Glucose Flavoured liquid
Dextrose
Maltodextrin

btw, would all of these cause my dental cavities to worse or would some be worse than others?

Thanks