• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this Site

Hello everyone,

I'm a 22 year old female who was diagnosed about 4 and a half years ago with Crohn's. I've taken Remicade, 6mp, Omeprazole, and now I am on Humira and Imuran. I've had mostly upper GI symptoms (nausea, vomiting, appetite loss, weight loss). However, most of the time when I go in for tests nothing shows up. I'm not sure if I was misdiagnosed or if this happens to others.

I have been feeling generally worse lately. I'm starting to wonder if this is my new normal or if something else is wrong that we can't find. My joints ache, the cold causes pain in my hands and feet, I'm just not doing well now.

What's hard is feeling this sick but knowing that others sicker than I are still able to function daily. I have a hard time getting out of bed from severe nausea.

Hoping to make some friends here and learn more about this disease.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum!!! :welcome: Sorry to hear that you're having such a tough time. There are a few of us on here who have the same symptoms. Sometimes it just takes a little bit for us to find each other.

I encourage you to take a look around the forum. We have many different places that might be of use to you. Offhand I can think of a few; General IBD Discussion, Support and Treatment. Please let me know if you have any questions. :hug:

Hello everyone,

I'm a 22 year old female who was diagnosed about 4 and a half years ago with Crohn's. I've taken Remicade, 6mp, Omeprazole, and now I am on Humira and Imuran. I've had mostly upper GI symptoms (nausea, vomiting, appetite loss, weight loss). However, most of the time when I go in for tests nothing shows up. I'm not sure if I was misdiagnosed or if this happens to others.

I have been feeling generally worse lately. I'm starting to wonder if this is my new normal or if something else is wrong that we can't find. My joints ache, the cold causes pain in my hands and feet, I'm just not doing well now.

What's hard is feeling this sick but knowing that others sicker than I are still able to function daily. I have a hard time getting out of bed from severe nausea.

Hoping to make some friends here and learn more about this disease.

hi alyssa!!

i also have had crohn's for about 4 years now, i have controlled most of my symptoms with diet and supplements with no complications. i actually regret not using more drugs, but hopefully my testimony may at least say something about what dietary changes can do to affect symptoms. its not a permanant fix nor replacement for drugs, so at least in the meantime, this info might help.
here is what i do- i follow an extremely low lactose and sucrose diet and i have maintained one solid bm a day for 4.5 years with no complications and my disease is severe. this is basically what the specific carbohydrate diet is,
but i dont make anything out of nut flours, and i dont eat most SCD safe foods like fruits, they all have alot of sucrose in them so they must be reduced or completely taken out. i also eat complex carbs like wheat and oats and beans, but as SCD suggests, corn and rice are difficult for me to digest.

there is a new treatment for IBD in fda trials that may have cured UC. it restores damaged bacteria in teh intestines. here is more info- http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=52400