• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

I was diagnosed in Aug 2012 after years of pain. After losing 40 pounds I finally changed docs. The new doctor did tests and within weeks had diagnosed the Crohn's. I started off on prednisone and pentasa, then Remicade after a near blockage and a hospital stay in March the infusion dose was doubled but I am still at 5 weeks. I have terrible arthralgia, headaches, and fatigue. I get B12 shots, which help for a short time with fatigue, but I feel I am constantly fighting anxiety and depression. I was on short term disability but was denied long term because my job is a mental job and with B12 my memory and focus are better. I am appealing the decision because the long hours and stress make me feel worse. I'd appreciate any advice.

Last edited: