• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Eating normally

Hey gang I'm going to start humira soon and was wondering how soon you could tolerate more foods at the moment i can hardly eat anything unless its toasted or had the crap boiled out of it. I wad just wondering how soon after you started could you eat or tolerate more raw or just normal diet like a nice salad or maybe once in a blue have a burger or slice of pizza

For me, once Humira kicked in (within first 2 weeks), I started re-introducing all types of food into my diet. I'm a year in now and eating whatever I want to (salads, meat, nuts, cheese, etc). I've also gained back the weight that active Crohn's took off.

I hope Humira works well for you and that there are many a burger and pizza in your future.

I've been on humira since December 18. Had my loading doses and take 2 more injections on New Year's Day :) can I tell you I ate totally normal for the first time in a year over Xmas. I was shocked to find I had a salad and a burger at ruby Tuesday and felt fine, then pizza, then pasta and sauce!!! Sauce! Food without debilitating gas pain, chest pain, cramping! I've also had my first normal bms in over a year. If it doesn't kick in this great immediately don't get discouraged it takes months for some, but this little window of sunshine in my quality of life has been phenomenal !! I'm on cloud 9. I hope the same for you. And for me that this continues and some of the icky side effects people can experience don't come about. Big warm hugs

Great thank you everyone I'm sick of hardly being able to eat anything i miss nice juicy fruit like melons and mangoes