• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I tried everything…until

I tried everything…until

I was diagnosed about a year ago with ulcerative colitis. I'm a 74 year old, very vibrant woman.

I was given a prescription for steroid suppositories. They didn't seem to help. I went to every website I could find and tried capsules from Brazil, tapioca flour, probiotics, gave up wheat, gave up dairy, took cinnamon capsules and drank buckets of fresh ginger with green tea. Nothing helped at all.

Then I read about three studies; one in Canada and two in Europe. All three involved the use of marijuana. About a month ago, I decided to try it. If I didn't have to drive or have serious responsibilities, I used marijuana and in two weeks, I had normal stools, no diarrhea, no cramps, no urges and it was like I never had a problem at all.

Just my experience and I thought I'd share it.

hi

yes this is interessting, many swear to this and get relief. I unfortunately dont live in a place where this is legal and it is hard to get hold of.

good for u, best of luck :)