• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here, symptoms of Crohn's

I would appreciate any comments about Crohn's with constipation.
I am almost convinced I have Crohn's, although I have no diarrhea, but change in stool, sometimes narrow. My physician thinks I am just constipated but have trouble when I eat trigger foods for Crohn's or IBS. I had an apple and potatoe with peel yesterday and have these symptoms again. So confusing when you are told you have IBS and eat more fiber. I never know what to eat, and am not getting help with my doctors. I prefer to treat this without meds and natural means.
I also have some female pelvic issues that does not help matters.
I am 54 and have always had normal bowel movements till the last year, now they are all over the place.
Any suggestions and similar stories would be appreciated.
God bless:smile:

nogutsnoglory

Have you been seen by a gastroenterologist? Crohn's can be hard to detect. What exams have you had and the results? Diarrhea is a much more common problem than constipation with crohn's but abnormal stools can be the result of a variety of issues. Aside from that, why do you think you have crohn's?