• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Think I've got flu and eye infection, really getting me down :(

Hi all
I'm feeling sooooo miserable right now. :thumbdown: Been feeling achy for a few days now. I'm in so much pain when I breath and all down my left side under my rib. My whole body hurts.
Thought my eyes looked a little puffy yesterday.. I woke up at 2 this morning my eyes were so swollen I could hardly see, and so painful.
I've also got a temperature.

I seem to get every complication at the moment, had cellulitis on both legs which was excrutiating not too long ago.

Oh my god is it ever going to stop :depressed:, It's really getting me down
Thanks for listening guys

Last edited:
cheers for the replies guys, had to go to A&E yesterday as I was in so much pain.
Turns out I picked up a nasty virus and chest infection. had injection for headaches and nausea, and some more meds to take home. Not too bad today to what i've been dealing with. eyes still swollen hopefully that'll sort soon :)

What type of injection do they give you for headaches and nausea?
HI there I'm not sure he could have stuck me with anything I was in so much pain.
but follow up meds were Naproxen to keep the headaches at bay and Buccastem for the nausea. Blood pressure very low also.
Honestly I've never suffered headache like this, really thought something seriously wrong. Meds doing their job though

Hi Steph, I'm feeling good, hence not been on this site for a while! Halfway through a 6 week course of antibiotics to treat some kind of liver infection / liver abscess. Having a CT scan at the end of the course to see if it has resolved, but feeling good so I'm hopeful.

New Year was good and i enjoyed eating heaps to put weight back on, trust me it didn't take long at all!! (unfortunately as I was enjoying the diet!)

Hope you can start to turn the corner soon. Flu can lay you low for a while, throw in Crohn's as well and I'm sure it's not fun.

Hi Steph, I'm feeling good, hence not been on this site for a while! Halfway through a 6 week course of antibiotics to treat some kind of liver infection / liver abscess. Having a CT scan at the end of the course to see if it has resolved, but feeling good so I'm hopeful.

New Year was good and i enjoyed eating heaps to put weight back on, trust me it didn't take long at all!! (unfortunately as I was enjoying the diet!)

Hope you can start to turn the corner soon. Flu can lay you low for a while, throw in Crohn's as well and I'm sure it's not fun.
I'm glad to hear your coping well and I hope all goes well with your CT scan. It's about time you had luck. I'll send some extra luck of the Irish your way :dance:
Take care :ghug: