• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

6-MP and Alberta Blue Cross

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with Alberta Blue Cross Non Group not covering their 6-MP? My group coverage does but two months of Humira maxed that out so now I'm told I have to pay for the 6-MP. Has anyone else had this issue?

Many thanks!

I'm personally covered by employer insurance but I was told Imuran which is very similar was covered if I was under Blue Cross so I'm not sure why 6MP wouldn't be covered. I would push the issue. Good luck!

(Yay another Canadian!)

I tried to push it with blue cross today but unfortunately walked away without making any friends.

My doctor is going to see what he can do, might have to switch back to Imuran!

Thanks for the advice, hope your cold is gone soon.... It already seems like a crazy long winter!

:( Hopefully your doctor can do something. Thanks, it came at a crappy time with my doctor(and me) wanting to start on Imuran but cold+another immunosuppressant, not a good plan.

Blue cross are jerks :(I have heard of a many people having issues with them not covering medication.