• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Still bleeding on pred!!

Hi guys ive been on pred since the start of December I started off at 30mg tapering off 5mg every three days but when I finished my course it only brought the crp from 33 down to 19 so I was put on pred again this time start at 30mg and taper of 5mg every five days im down to 20mg at the moment but im still getting some blood in my stool,I don't have any pain ive put on weight and people say im looking better than ever im just abit worried about the blood.What do you guys think any advice woud be great :poo:

SarahBear

Have you contacted your doctor about the blood? Does it seem to be getting better, staying the same, or worsening?

It's a good sign that you're no longer in pain and have gained weight. If the amount of blood is lessening, I wouldn't worry - I'd just keep an eye on it. If it's staying the same or worsening, I'd definitely contact a doctor right away. And, as always, if you have severe bleeding or symptoms of blood loss (confusion, dizziness, pale skin, shortness of breath, lightheadedness, etc.) please go to the hospital immediately!

I hope things get better for you soon!

Thanks Sarahbear

The blood is getting less and isn't there all the time it just seems to be there near the end of the stool and I have no pain when going to the toilet my weight has went from 11st 5lbs to 12st 4lbs I feel hungry :)

Im on mercaptopurine,Omeprazole,and tapering of pred at the moment

Yeah I told them about it when it was bad but they said my blood work showed I wasn't loosing a lot so they didn't mind.
Was back at the nurse today getting bloods done hopefully my crp has dropped more and next week I go in to hospital for a check up.