• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My families journey

First I want to thank all of you on this forum who without knowing have helped me deal with having a child now children with Crohn's disease. I have been looking and reading this forum for the past two years gaining valuable information and a better understanding.
Here is my families journey ....my oldest daughter was diagnosed 2years ago. She started out with a lot of pain. I would always tell her toughen up. She ended up in the hospital and after all the typical tests, lots of weight loss, vomiting everything else that comes along...she ended up with 2 resections within 2 months. And currently gets Remicade infusions .
Fast forward to the present, within the past two months my younger two children have now been diagnosed with Crohns. Fortunately, no surgeries! Just one more kid on Remicade and still waiting for the treatment plan on the other.
They are all teen-agers so that in itself makes them difficult add in a disease like this and then challenge yourself to keep from going crazy!

SarahBear

Hi, ProudMom! I'm glad to hear that the forum has been such a help to you. :)

All three children with Crohn's sounds very stressful. I hope they all are able to achieve remission soon!

I'm sure you've checked it out, but I imagine the Parents of Kids with IBD section may be very useful to you when looking for support from others in similar situations.

Have your children considered joining the forum themselves? They may benefit from the advice and support offered here, as well.

:hug: