• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's and weight loss and weight gain

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis in May of 2013. In July I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease and have been struggling with lack of motivation to work out which has let to my once toned body turning to fluff and the weight starting to add on. I need to get back on track to working out but I have little energy at the end of the day. Does anyone have some suggestions for improving energy with vitamins or food that a person with Crohns can have? I'm getting very frustrated and I want my life back!

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum!

Have you had your vitamin levels checked? If not, I suggest you do so. Supplementing blindly can be dangerous. If you're low in anything, your doctor can tell you what dosage of supplement you should be taking.

Are you on medications for either condition right now? Is your Crohn's considered to be in remission?

I hope things get better for you soon!