• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ileostomy reversal soon

Hello everyone,

So March 2013 I went to the hospital with severe abdominal pain which didn't come & go like my normal crohns symptoms. They found my colon had perforated and had to do surgery. The last foot of small intestine and the first 2 feet of large were removed. Spent almost a month in the hospital because I developed peritonitis and became septic and almost didn't make it through everything.

So now it's been 10 months since that event and my surgeon is looking into surgery next month to reverse. A colonoscopy and barium enema showed healthy organ so it looks like surgery is a go!

I'll tell ya this ostomy has been tricky since day 1, especially with the kind of work I do, made it difficult to do my job properly sometimes.

so my ostomy is located in the lower right area of the abdomen and a mucus fistula is in my upper left area. I know this will be an open surgery which means longer recovery time. I just want this to go smoothly and regain a somewhat normal life again.