• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling depressed

So I had a parianal abscess drained nov 29th 2013. I'm now at emergency for the second time since. The clinic nurses that change my packing every day have sent me to hospital because the wound is not healing and they're concerned that I'm not on strong enough meds or something's wrong. Has anyone been through this??? I'm going crazy and the depression has definitely kicked in.

Crohns Disease-Diagnosed 2007

I had an incredibly difficult time with fistulas and abscesses, which led to the removal of my rectum and colon. Everything is healed up now, but none of the standard meds helped and my parianal disease was too bad to fix.

Are you currently on any meds? Some meds, like Prednisone may cause delayed wound healing.

Hang in there.

P.S. Looks like we are practically neighbors! LOL

Thanks for your response. I'm not on any meds other than the antibiotics. The surgeon actually decided to stop packing the wound and told me to take sitz baths twice daily.
I'm really excited about this because those daily clinic appts were taking over my life.
Neighbours?? Where do u live?

Sonya
Hope you are doing better. I dealt with fistulas for years dif not lot of fun. Hang in there things will get better. Sinking into depression will just delay your healing up stay positive and good things will happen.

Thanks for your response. I'm not on any meds other than the antibiotics. The surgeon actually decided to stop packing the wound and told me to take sitz baths twice daily.
I'm really excited about this because those daily clinic appts were taking over my life.
Neighbours?? Where do u live?

I'm in Oshawa :)

I hope the sitz baths help. Many people swear by them :smile:

We are neighbours!!!

Thanks again for both responses.
It really helps to hear it from people who truly understand!