• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Me, Me...Pick Me!!!

This turned into a long post, so read if you want. It's my interesting and different way of being diagnosed. :)

Hello everybody. As some of you have seen, I've been slowly posting replies here and there but now it's time to share my story and introduce myself and get to know all of you. From what I have seen, the main group of people I see posting all the time seem to be pretty welcoming and amazing people and I'd love to get to know you all. :) Fair warning, I'm not a doctor and don't claim to be ... and I'm still new to all this, so I don't use medical terminology often. :)

I was diagnosed with Crohn's in March while laying in a hospital bed recovering from a surgery that wasn't supposed to be. Confused yet? Let me go back a ways and explain. Don't worry, trying to not go back and make this too boring.

February 23rd, 2009 I found a lump in my lower right groin area. Obviously concerned I went to a doctor the next day who wasn't sure what it was. He set me up with an ultrasound appointment the following week and started me on some antibiotics in the mean time. He was concerned it was a swollen lymph node and wanted to ward off any threats of infection. I started the antibiotics, got an allergic reaction, had the ultra sound, started different antiobiotics, saw the doctor several times and still had no concrete answers. At this point, the doctor finally told me he could do no more for me and sent me off to see a surgeon thinking either way it wasn't going away and would need help. As soon as the surgeon came in, pushed around and saw my lump, he said I had a hernia and told me to schedule surgery. At this point it was March 11th. I ended up with a date in April for surgery, but as the days passed by I was in such pain they wanted me to up the date and do it NOW. By the day of surgery I could barely walk and was hunched over all the time. The pain so bad I could hardly take it anymore, even though I have a high pain tolerance.

March 20 2009 ... The big day!! I went in to the out patient surgery center, was prepped and brought in for surgery. I remember being put to sleep and the next thing I know I'm waking up and hear people talking around me about ambulances and transports and such. And then finally was noticed thrashing my head around. A nurse comes to me and starts telling me about my surgery being more than I expected. I know she tried to tell me more of what happened but it didn't all sink in or penetrate. I was transported to a hospital where I still went in and out of a drug induced haze. It took a day or so before I got the full answer as to what really happened.

So here is what really happened. When the surgeon cut in to the "hernia" he found that it wasn't a hernia after all and was actually an abcess. He said he cut in to pus, fecal matter, and food particales. Good thing none of us in here get easily grossed out anymore huh? He then had to open the incision even bigger to look and see what was going on and take care of that little hiccup. After many visits to the waiting room to a worried mom and getting approval he ended doing the following things. He had to scope around and find out what was going on and where everything was coming from. He found that I had a whole in my intestines, which is where everything was leaking from and pooling up in the groin area, hence the abcess. My intestines had also attached themselves to the inside of my abdominal wall all the way over by my hip/pelvic bone. I had had hip pain for quite a long time, and it was a mystery. Xrays were done and nothing ever showed up as to why my hip hurt so bad. Mystery solved!!!

He ended up taking care of the abcess, removing my appendix (duh) and about 8-10 inches of my intestines. I know there are different technical names for all that ... but I don't remember them all as of right now and I'm fairly sure you all are nodding your heads that you understand without using medical terms. :) I ended up staying in the hospital for a week, and then finally sent home for recovery. I had to take it easy and stay home about a week and a half before returning to work. Of course I don't seem to like to do things in an easy fashion and got an infection in one of my incisions. Oh yeah, I ended up with 2 incisions instead of the 1, and of course 2 scope holes. Well 3 if you count the cut for the scope in the belly button too.

As I'm sure you can imagine, it was quite a shock to find that all out. I went in for what was supposed to be a quick 1 hour out patient surgery and ended up with an almost 5 hour major surgery, including being admitted to a hospital. I was supposed to be out from work for a max of a week, but ended up being out about 2.5 weeks. So, while laying up in the hospital trying to make sense of it all, I finally ask. When I asked the surgeon (who checked on me every morning) what caused all that drama, I get told "oh yeah, it's crohns" as he walked out the door. Wow ... thanks doc for THAT bedside manner.

Anybody actually still reading? :tongue:

That's how I got my diagnosis. I virtually had NO symptoms before hand and didn't know how much my own body hated me. :eek: Looking back over the years I see some things that make sense now and were probably symptoms or signs of Crohns, but nothing that was on a daily basis. About 4 years ago, I dropped 30+ pounds. I had switched birth control pills, and the loss was attributed to that. About 3 years ago, I did end up with severe right side abdominal pain that was thought to be appendicitis. Went to the ER, had a CT scan and was told I had 'bacterial buildup in my butt' and sent home. Nothing else was ever done about it and nothing came of it. It went away and I never had problems again. For the past 3 years I did have menstral pain that the doctors all told me was possibly endometreosis. (sp?). Only came on during period times, so why not be female related. The surgeon said he saw no sign of Endo when he was looking around and cutting me apart. :ylol2: But other then those (diagnosed different problems and solved, or so we though) ... I virtually had a ghost disease.

I'm honestly concerned that something like that can or will happen again without me knowing it. Then I think ... how could THAT much crap be going on inside me and me not know it? hmm... pardon the pun? :) I'm not naive enough to be thinking that I won't ever get symptoms or go through anything that you all go through on a daily basis. But as of right now .. I'm not having any issues that I've been able to identify. Even when I first went to the GI, he was shocked and I don't think he believed me when I told him I wasn't and hadn't been experiencing diahrea.

Speaking of the GI though, he wants me to start on any one of the following medications. Because I had surgery and presented my disease in such a flashy way (do I know how to make a statement or what?!?), he says I'm a severe case, but according to my symptoms (besides the surgery episode) I see me as being a mild case. Any recommendations or warnings? Or maybe other drugs you're thinking I should ask about?

-Azathioprine
-Humira
-Remicade

wow ... sorry for all those that actually read through that. It was a long one. I started typing thinking I'd make it a short story .. but it just kept going. Interesting stuff though huh? :) So ... hi my name is Cristin and I have Crohn's. Psst... this is where you're supposed to clap!

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Hello Cristin,

The circumstances of my diagnosis in 1990 are remarkably similar to yours. One helluva way to find out, eh?

Glad you've found us and are beginning to get some answers.

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
misscris said:
Did you not have symptoms before hand either?
Oh, I had all kinds of symptoms. I just didn't know that Crohn's was and never connected the dots. It was a bad time in my life, so feeling crappy was situation normal.

Ah I see. I even asked the GI the other day if they were sure it was Crohn's. I had read so many of the stories on here and the daily symptoms and problems. and since I hadn't had any yet ... I just wanted to make sure. :) He looked at me like I was nuts. Apparently when they cut everything out it was VERY obvious. <shrug> hahah ;)

hey cristin
wow that surgery sounds awful. im glad you seem to be feeling ok now though :)

i just had surgery about a month ago and my incision got infected too. really sucks. do you have to pack it with gauze and everything too?

I had 2 incicions, and one decided to start draining so I had to go through the lovely Q-tip episode. I know you know what I'm talking about because you described the Dr shoving the Q-tip in and making the wound bigger. Ouch .. it really hurt! Meanies. But the other incision got infected ... I just had to go on antibiotics and keep putting gauze on the wound until it stopped draining. But none of my incisions were open per say ... I didn't have to pack anything in them. They were stapled shut and such. Was yours left open?

misscris said:
the lovely Q-tip episode. I know you know what I'm talking about because you described the Dr shoving the Q-tip in and making the wound bigger. Ouch .. it really hurt! Meanies.
lol exactly!
meanies.
i hate those qtips.

the day he found the infection was the day he was to take the staples out anyway. so he popped them out and then prodded the little bit of pus, and then the whole thing burst open.
so yep mine was left open after that and i had to do a routine of peroxide cleansing and then stuffing gauzew in there twice a day.
now its down to once and no more cleaning, the infection in gone, just the cavity is still there and slowly healing from the bottom up. i just use a bit of cause with a special wound gel to keep it moist.
taking its sweet time though.

My sister found my infection for me. It was the one down in the groin area, so of course in an area that I just can't see. I can't bend in half anymore, got too old or something. :) She was helping to take the left over stickies off my tummy from all the tape and bandages and such. (I'm allergic to adhesive and it was really causing irritation) He just called in the prescription and left it at that. Which might be a good thing. If he put on more Q-tip in my wounds.... I would probably have to kick him enough to make him feel pain too. Either that or show him what a Q-tip being DUG into you feels like.

Maybe doctors should get things done on themselves so they can accurately say whether something hurts or not. When they took my drain out (from the abcess) I told the nurse I wasn't going to like it huh ... and she said it just pinches a little and sometimes tickles. Tickles my ass!! It downright burned!

hi Cristin, and a late welcome to the forum :)

wow what a story! i'm wondering if it all went undiagnosed before, purely because you do have a high tolerance level of pain. anyway, i'm glad they did operate when they did, things could have got a lot worse had it been left.

i nodded in sympathy when i read about the GI just throwing that comment about "it's Crohn's" into the air like that... years ago i had an ovarian cyst wrapped around my right ovary, and had to have surgery to remove both.. day after on the ward round, the surgeon beamed at me and said it wasn't cancer. what?? i didn't even know they thought that was a possibility!

a lot of what you've said rings true for me.. particularly the effect of Crohn's on your menstrual cycle, and yes i've also been told i have endometriosis, but it's never been actually seen on a scan.

good to have you here Cris, looking forward to seeing you around the forum :)

It's amazing how doctors can be so blase and then show concern in the same second. After the surgery was done, the dr actually said he was shocked that I was still walking and functioning. He said I should have been knocked on my ass way before I was and that I probably wouldn't have lasted more than another day or two. I just responded and told him I kept moving because I had stuff to do! hehe He just stared at me like I was completely nuts. But yet he's the one who says "no it won't hurt" and "oh yeah, it's crohns" with no feeling. hehe :)

lol exactly miss!!
they go from one extreme to the next

my surgeon is SO rough and every follow up since surgery has been a toture session.
and then afterwards as my residual sobs take place, he looks at me all smiley and gentle faced, and puts his hand on my cheek or pats my head like grandpa's do, and is very sweet and encouraging.
i can see he cares like a daddy, but jeez man!

My surgeon always looked like a kid who was in trouble and standing before the principal awaiting his punishment. He was so shy and really had NO social skills. hehe So he basically only understood the medical aspect of everything. Maybe they just get used to seeing it all the time that they just don't think about different people having different feelings and reactions to things. He obviously cared. He stayed while I recovered at the outpatient center, followed me from the out patient center to the hospital, stayed awhile until i was coherent enough to talk to him, checked on me every day and sometimes more than once, and always was very concerned. But it was just a back and forth battle. Thankfully I got the good pick when I drew straws for my Surgeon. I just had one consult with him and went into surgery, not expecting this of course. hehe :)

I just don't think they spend much time working on how to be human with their patients. Most of the time us patients are knocked out on the tables and the dr has his hands somewhere in or on us so they don't need to talk. hehe

misscris said:
I just don't think they spend much time working on how to be human with their patients. Most of the time us patients are knocked out on the tables and the dr has his hands somewhere in or on us so they don't need to talk. hehe
lol very true. we were discussing in some other thread about how we all experience similar things when it comes to surgeons. theyre used to their patients not being concious and able to respond to their "explorations" lol.

and very true about the fact that they "see it all the time." it hit me the day i had my ileo done, and he told me that he had three others he had done that day.
to them it is their daily schedule! just like we write our grocery and to do lists! they have lists of patients and procedures day in and day out.
to the doc, a patients surgery is just another item on the list, but to the patient, it is a life changing event.

yep that "they see it all the time" thought is what got me through my last colonoscopy,... dreading my extremely handsome surgeon being face to face with my nether regions was almost as scary as the procedure itself.. i just kept comforting myself with the reasoning that he's probably seen far worse bums than mine haha

Hello Pen, thanks for the welcome. :) The whole time before I went in, I though I still had a hernia that just hurt like hell since that's what I was told so I wasn't really scared. I must have known subconciously that something was more wrong because I burst into tears before leaving the house and was really freaked out that I wasn't going to make it. heh I'm just glad that the surgeon I ended up with seemed to know what he was doing and handled the whole thing. I am feeling well at the moment, thanks for th well wishes. :)

Hiya Cristin,
That's some story, I thought I'd written a novel....!!!!!:D

I'd say the whole experience came as quite a shock.

But you've come to the right place.
I have a feeling your going to fit right in, you have the poo humour already.... ;)

Thanks Dan. :)

I thought of trying to delete stuff to make it shorter but just decided to leave it all there. :) The shock didn't really come in until recently while trying to sort through everything and figure out just what Crohns' really is. I'm of course a smart ass, and all I did in the hospital was make jokes and comments and made all the nurses bust up laughing. I still do .. cause that's just me .. but it was a delayed shock. :)

Thanks for the welcome! :)

dingbat said:
dreading my extremely handsome surgeon being face to face with my nether regions was almost as scary as the procedure itself.. i just kept comforting myself with the reasoning that he's probably seen far worse bums than mine haha
yes the most awful part of being in the hopsital is when the cute intern comes in and wants to look at your butt or talk to you about your rectovaginal fistula and what color drainage is coming out your front :yrolleyes:
you just know theyre thinking "holy crap! this is NOT what i interviewed for!"

Hey Misscris..

Amazing story... Your story seems very familiar to me... probably because I had the same "surprise" one day when I was minding my own business... Just snuck up on me...

I was also the same way in the Hospital room and the nurses couldn't understand why I kept making jokes... Its either that or cry and thats not me.

When I was first in the hospital I tried to make sure I covered up when the nurses came in... but after a few days I could care less and let it all hang out... My attitude was if you dont want to see it... dont look...

Congrats on surviving your ordeal...

Seems like all of our stories have many things in common....

So is my story an amazing story because it's like yours? ;) hehe

I'm the same way. I would much rather laugh then cry. I just figured I couldn't do anything to change the situation so I might as well make the most of it.

You get to the point where you just don't care in the hospital. The nurses would come in to take a peak at stuff and one was all embarassed because she'd forgotten to close the curtain and I just laughed and said I didn't care.

Ohh ... and thanks for the welcome. :)

kello82 said:
yes the most awful part of being in the hopsital is when the cute intern comes in and wants to look at your butt or talk to you about your rectovaginal fistula and what color drainage is coming out your front :yrolleyes:
you just know theyre thinking "holy crap! this is NOT what i interviewed for!"

haha .. exactly! Not quite the way you want a cute guy talking about your butt huh? :) :ylol2:

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
hi cristin -
holy crap!!! your story reads like a thriller. great writing skills. and, yes, you will fit right in here. the wit and sarcasm of many are intoxicating. :)

so many great comments.

1. "the surgeon beamed at me and said it wasn't cancer"...ha! thanks, buddy.
2. "I just don't think they spend much time working on how to be human with their patients."...ain't that the truth.

if only there were a way to give our GI's a "day in the life of a crohnie" experience. . . imagine that? a one week boot camp complete with nasty public bathrooms with only two sheets of toilet paper on a roll. HA!

welcome to our little on-line family.

misscris said:
You get to the point where you just don't care in the hospital.
oh so very true!

hiyo Misscris!
welcome to the poopy corner of the internet, glad you found us:D

Hey Fenway .. thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed my ... thriller I guess. :)

I'm glad I stumbled upon this little world of fellow "crohnies" or however you spell it.

I agree that we should make all doctors experience what we do. At one point the surgeon was pushing around, rather harshly too of course, on my "hernia" when I first saw him and was shocked that I was wincing and about to jump off the table from the pain. I was picturing in my mind kicking him (with my shit kickers on of course) repeatedly in the groin to see how he'd feel then. I love the logic of, 'hey doctor it really hurts' then he pushes on it .. 'oh .. did that hurt?' Nope, felt like a puppies fur being rubbed across my skin.' jerk. :) haha

thanks Jed. I'm liking this poopy corner of the internet. There's still a part of me that giggles like a 10 year old boy when the words poop or fart are mentioned, I gotta admit. lol

misscris said:
I agree that we should make all doctors experience what we do.
if thats the case then i get to wrap razor wire around a bannana and place it roughly up the butt of the intern that admitted me on my first time in hospital

:runaway:

jed said:
if thats the case then i get to wrap razor wire around a bannana and place it roughly up the butt of the intern that admitted me on my first time in hospital

:runaway:
haha ... I'm fine with that. Go ahead. Let me know how that goes over for you. :ylol2:

misscris said:
thanks Jed. I'm liking this poopy corner of the internet. There's still a part of me that giggles like a 10 year old boy when the words poop or fart are mentioned, I gotta admit. lol
well, i'm sitting at work, theres renovations going on on the floor above me with drills that sound like farts, and i think at least 10 people so far this morning have done the

"ahhhh yeah, that feels better" joke.

yup, funny stuff.

here ya go, maybe this will be to your liking:D
http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm

Funny stuff is also in the recovery room after about 7 or so people all had colonoscopies.. Sounds like a new type of philharmonic orchestra ... Horns, Trumpets, Tubas and all....

coronetrt101 said:
Funny stuff is also in the recovery room after about 7 or so people all had colonoscopies.. Sounds like a new type of philharmonic orchestra ... Horns, Trumpets, Tubas and all....
haha .. I bet!! You do know that I will now be listening for that and of course I'd share whether that's correct or not because I have to go have a colonoscopy sometime soon. I can't wait for the orchestra though. Fun stuff.

jed said:
some more presents for you

in case you like cute things to cheer you up

http://cuteoverload.com/

and how long can you leave this runnig for?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama

Ohh ... I like presents. heh Of course I like cute stuff. I really want that deer and bobcat. They both look soft and snuggly!!!

Alright ... the llamas are running in the back round .... I think it's on round 4 ... I think I'm about to kill it now. Thanks. Lets stick to the cute presents... okay?:eek2:

and about the fart page ... The funniest part is the names that have been added to the fart sounds.

It doesn't take much to entertain me obviously!

funny thing about the colonoscopy recovery room i go to is the nurses walk around saying,

"feel free to let it out everyone, you've all had your prep so theres nothing inside you except air from the procedure, just elt it out"

:D

jed said:
funny thing about the colonoscopy recovery room i go to is the nurses walk around saying,

"feel free to let it out everyone, you've all had your prep so theres nothing inside you except air from the procedure, just elt it out"

:D
hahaha ... that's awesome. I'd probably end up taking her suggestion in a different way and complaining about my week or something just to see her face and her reaction. :)

My favorite thing to do is watch peoples faces and almost all of them refuse to admit they were the ones sounding like a train horn. I just laugh at them...

coronetrt101 said:
My favorite thing to do is watch peoples faces and almost all of them refuse to admit they were the ones sounding like a train horn. I just laugh at them...
I guess I'm a different breed of girl .. cause I'd be raising my hand and saying "that was me!!" :ylol2:

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
"Nope, felt like a puppies fur being rubbed across my skin." I guffawed when I read that. :)

You are funny, cristin. Keep laughing. It's the best remedy.

I farted on the hotel shuttle to the airport today. Talk about embarassing!

I will definitely give it my best shot fenway. I do like to laugh and smile and make others do so as well. Glad I could help you out today. :)

coronetrt101 said:
When I was getting my Infliximab/Remy infusions. I used to get them in the recovery ward for the colonoscopies.

It would be me and usually 1 other person getting the infusion... with 7 others laying on beds farting.

My wife came with me 1 time and she was just mesmerised by the "Orchestra"... :D

Oh hon, you've been through a LOT in such a short time! Laughter is the best medicine though, so I think you'll do just fine. ;0) Welcome to the board!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Pen said:
Yes she will fit right in...so many smart asses on here, she may outwit a few!:ylol2: Benson and MBH not one word!
PENNY! I read that!!!

Welcome Cris! Good to have another smartass around!
It's very possible that this is the longest welcome thread, so congrats on that!
Yay Jed - a Llama welcome!
/walks off singing llama llama duck...

Thank you for the welcome MBH. I'm glad you liked the long post, I do strive for sucess you know. :) haha

Thanks ... now I have that song in my head already. :) haha

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
misscris said:
Thank you for the welcome MBH. I'm glad you liked the long post, I do strive for sucess you know. :) haha

Thanks ... now I have that song in my head already. :) haha
No silly, longest THREAD, not longest post.
You have 48 replies to your introductory thread, I didn't mean your OWN 1st post, though that was long too :p
Most people only have like 8 - 10 replies for their introduction. Maybe we're just getting friendlier around here.
I don't know - you're like an "Old Crohn's forum soul", like you've been here forever, haha.
Awww - I just checked the "your story" section - someone only has 1 reply to their intro thread. Awww...

My Butt Hurts said:
No silly, longest THREAD, not longest post.
You have 48 replies to your introductory thread, I didn't mean your OWN 1st post, though that was long too :p
Most people only have like 8 - 10 replies for their introduction. Maybe we're just getting friendlier around here.
I don't know - you're like an "Old Crohn's forum soul", like you've been here
forever, haha.
But ... But .... but..... I wanted the longest Post award. :( I guess I'll stick for the longest thread to a 1st time post award for now. Do I get a gold star???? :ycool: I think it's my shining personality and it's so bright and infectious .. that you all can see it through your monitors... either that or you're blinded by it and are replying to the wrong thing! hehe :ylol2:

Awww - I just checked the "your story" section - someone only has 1 reply to their intro thread. Awww...
That's because the person probably didn't try to make people feel sorry for them so that people would post to make it the longest thread. :) Oh booger ... I just gave away my secret didn't I?:yrolleyes:

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
What?? I hear someone talking, but I am blinded and I can't see... is someone there?... what thread is this anyways??

Haha - do you like the way I quoted you too, so you couldn't just go and change your post and pretend I didn't know what I was talking about?? Yup - I can juuuust see you doing that! Oh wait - that's MY secret.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Okay - REALLY?? I am still at work and usually leave by 4. Let's stop this foolishness!
(Haha - "work"...)

Oh - I think I am going to pull some amnesia and welcome you EVERY single day, just so this thread stays current.

My Butt Hurts said:
Okay - REALLY?? I am still at work and usually leave by 4. Let's stop this foolishness!
(Haha - "work"...)
I'm at work too, but I'm refusing to actually work. So I'm sitting here. My boss pissed me off one too many times this morning. heh I still have another 5 hours left. Ugh that just REALLY depressed me.

Oh - I think I am going to pull some amnesia and welcome you EVERY single day, just so this thread stays current.
That would be awesome! wait. I'm confused. Do I know you?

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
misscris said:
I'm at work too, but I'm refusing to actually work. So I'm sitting here. My boss pissed me off one too many times this morning. heh I still have another 5 hours left. Ugh that just REALLY depressed me.
Haha - if you lived on the East coast, you would have been done already!
CoolCris said:
That would be awesome! wait. I'm confused. Do I know you?
Ha! We are twins separated at birth! Almost peed my pants laughing there.

MBH .. that might be true, but now ... I'm still on the West Coast and I'm now off too. So I guess it's a win win. I still didn't do anything today though. haha :) Stubborn I am, I am.

Were you the older twin?

As for the longest introductory post.... Sorry, but I think my one on the My Story forum wins hands down....

I might even copy and paste ad do a word count (Jed, you are my word count inspiration... ;) )

My Butt Hurts said:
Hmmmph.. just when I thought you were my new best friend.. I am back to Kello...

OOO! I win a page!!!
awww mbh im your bestie!?! your bff?!? your biffle for life!!?
awwwww :D

wait... but you were thinking of leaving me for miss?!
awwww :(

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
LMAO I've been watching this thread and it's just cracking me up.
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could meet you all.
Welcome, Miss Criss!

danman said:
As for the longest introductory post.... Sorry, but I think my one on the My Story forum wins hands down....

I might even copy and paste ad do a word count (Jed, you are my word count inspiration... ;) )

Hey Dan .. let me know when the word count is complete. If I lost for longest post, I can work harder next time. ;)

My Butt Hurts said:
Yes. Wait, no. Umm, what was the question?
(See you tomorrow! *wink*)
The question was: How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. Gosh ... can't you pay attention at all? Maybe you should stop your winking nonsense and you'd be able to concentrate. :)

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
misscris said:
The question was: How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. Gosh ... can't you pay attention at all? Maybe you should stop your winking nonsense and you'd be able to concentrate. :)

OOooooone..... twoooooooo.... *crunch*

My Butt Hurts said:
OOooooone..... twoooooooo.... *crunch*[/QUOTE]

Now of course you know I'm saying that outloud, and trying to say it in the owls voice too. :) Goodness. Does this make us winners or losers? :) haha

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Well... winners - cuz we are both on at work again!
I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Crap - I think I left out a letter. It should be twoooo-hooooo.

Yeah. I'd much rather be on line talking to you people then doing what I need to be doing for work!

MBH ... have we met? Do I know you? Haven't we talked before? Oh I'm all discombobulated now. help!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
misscris said:
MBH ... have we met? Do I know you? Haven't we talked before? Oh I'm all discombobulated now. help!
I TOLD you. We were twin separated at birth. (Then you got all mean on me, and I dumped you and took back kello. Remember?)
I almost asked what the question was again, but I didn't want to have to hunt for another answer.
Sigh... I do actually have to work in a minute.

My Butt Hurts said:
I TOLD you. We were twin separated at birth. (Then you got all mean on me, and I dumped you and took back kello. Remember?)
I almost asked what the question was again, but I didn't want to have to hunt for another answer.
Sigh... I do actually have to work in a minute.
Oh. Maybe that's why I keep forgetting who you are. Becuase you took back Kello and left me in the lurch again. *sniff sniff* I now know why I keep forgetting ..... it's too sad to remember. :(

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I saw that yesterday and clicked on it and it drove me SO insane that I fwd it to my husband, who in turn, asked me why I hated him that much that I sent it to him LOL

Jeez, that's quite the story. o_o

That's one hell of a surgery/way to find out you have Crohn's. But glad you're diagnosed and that you've joined up with us. Welcome. :)

Hi Procyon! Well I guess in some ways it's a good way to find out. I didn't have to go through years of misdiagnosis like most people seem to have had to go through (unfortunately). Thanks for the welcome ... and I'm glad I found you guys.

hahaha ... fenway. MBH, all our posts together seem to be going in the wrong direction. Or maybe the right direction. hmm... hahahaha

My Butt Hurts said:
Well, there are a LOT of threads on here. I try to get to everyone. I must have missed you before.
Well I guess all that matters is that you found me now. I was starting to get a little sad that I hadn't been welcomed by you yet.