• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

S

snappyjax

hi e1, Im 34yrs old & I was diagnosed with Chrohns when I was 17. Had a portion of intestines taken out, I havent had any trouble in about 4 yrs.Now My symptoms are returning, & worse than b4. Has any1 here had surgery & returning symptoms?:( .

From what I've read, most Crohn's patients who have resections WILL have returning symptoms; it's just usually a matter of when. Hope you can find the right treatment to give you relief. Welcome to the forum.

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
From what I understand, the probability of reoccurrence increases with a resection. The only advantage is that resections do buy some symptom-free time. It's a trade-off I guess.

Sorry to hear you're having problems again.

S

snappyjax

thx

thx e1 for the warm welcome, until now I didnt even know there was a place or chat group for CD.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hay snappyjax - welcome.
Have you been on any type of maintenance drug since your surgery? Have you been to the doc with your latest symptoms?

S

snappyjax

no unfortunatly I only work part time & I have no med insurance. I have taken Flagyl, & Asacol...followed by a quick pc of steroids. Thats was about a year after my surgery in 03. About a month ago I started having trouble. the nausea. is awful. Water makes me sick. Ive been getting by on chips & toast....sux tho