Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Crohn's without granuloma formation?

01-21-2014, 03:32 AM   #1
rollinstone

My Support Groups:
Crohn's without granuloma formation?

Just wondering how many people on here have been diagnosed with Crohn's and did not have any granuloma formation? I'm in a bit of a rut because when I was in hospital it looked more like UC, though when I was initially diagnosed it was transmural and patchy. Now my GI is saying we need to get the diagnosis 100% right but its soo hard when shit keeps changing on me.
01-21-2014, 04:48 AM   #2
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Matt had an absence of granuloma’s. It was the feature, or lack thereof, that had pathology stating…no convincing evidence of Crohn’s disease. It is usually the clincher when receiving a definitive diagnosis, the irony being that about 50% of people with Crohn’s will not have granuloma’s as a distinguishing feature.

In our case though Matt has ileal disease so he doesn’t have the large bowel involvement that can muddy the waters between Crohn’s and UC.

Dusty. xxx
01-21-2014, 05:04 AM   #3
rollinstone

My Support Groups:
Thanks dusty, thats where I'm at now, muddy waters, drowning in them
01-21-2014, 05:11 AM   #4
DustyKat
Super Moderator

That sucks Josh.

I hope the waters clear soon. Good luck mate!

Dusty. xxx

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Crohn's without granuloma formation?