• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's without granuloma formation?

Just wondering how many people on here have been diagnosed with Crohn's and did not have any granuloma formation? I'm in a bit of a rut because when I was in hospital it looked more like UC, though when I was initially diagnosed it was transmural and patchy. Now my GI is saying we need to get the diagnosis 100% right but its soo hard when shit keeps changing on me.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Matt had an absence of granuloma’s. It was the feature, or lack thereof, that had pathology stating…no convincing evidence of Crohn’s disease. It is usually the clincher when receiving a definitive diagnosis, the irony being that about 50% of people with Crohn’s will not have granuloma’s as a distinguishing feature.

In our case though Matt has ileal disease so he doesn’t have the large bowel involvement that can muddy the waters between Crohn’s and UC.

Dusty. xxx