• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello Everyone

Hi everyone. I am 28 years old and I was diagnoised with Severe Crohn's Disease at the age of 25. I had a small & large intestine resection in 2011 and have since learned that Crohn's Disease is going to be something that will have to deal with from here on out. I was in remission after surgery for 2 and a half years and am currently in a flare up :ybatty:. This is no fun as I am a police officer and find myself always scanning my surroundings for a bathroom during the flare. I hope you all are doing will with your conditions.

Tamara

Honey

Staff member
Hi there, and welcome,
Yes, Crohns is a very fickle illness where each person responds individually to treatment. After being diagnosed only 2 years ago, I have since been on different meds that either I did not respond to, or I had bad side effects. Remicade infusions worked for me but unfortunately, I had a lung infection before Christmas and ended up in hospital as a side effect of this treatment. So now I have to consider the next step.
I hope you get meds that relieve the symptoms when you have a flair! It is not easy to live with, but we do. Let me know how you are doing. Best wishes.
:welcome::rosette1: