• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Granuloma on fistula

I took a look (well, took a photo of my ass and then looked it :ylol: ) at my setons and fistulotomy wounds today and was concerned to see a granuloma on the fistulotomy wound.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this and what the implications are? Further surgical intervention going to be required?

What an age we live in, eh? You can use your phone to take a photo of your arse and then compare to pictures you find on the internet. After that you can logos here and ask a bunch of strangers what's going on with your private bits!

Not sure what you mean by a granuloma. Is it like a sore or maybe a healing scab from the surgery? Sorry, my fistula was internal so no experience with setons etc.

I take pictures of my behind all the time. Its the only way to compare how it looked before to how it looks now. I find myself constantly comparing to see if there are any improvements. :)

I take pictures of my behind all the time. Its the only way to compare how it looked before to how it looks now. I find myself constantly comparing to see if there are any improvements. :)
I love this post, i am so glad im not alone at doing this, before and after surgery photos are always good lol

hahah!! Last night my friend was looking at my phone, and I was like, don't look at the pictures, you'll get an unpleasant surprise!! lol. You are definitely not alone! I was reading your closure or whatever they are called, and you have had 44 surgeries? Is that just since you've been diagnosed? Were they all just on the same two fistulas and setons? I have my 4th on tuesday. I currently have two fistulas and two setons.

Just gotta be careful not to accidentally post them to Facebook or Twiiter!

Going back to the original question, though, there is a red growth on the wound that protrudes a bit. I know some people have had them on their stomas so I will hop over to the stoma forum and ask.

Igpcarter- sorry I changed the subject, didn't mean to take away from your question. I don't know anything about that, but hopefully someone else does.

Lol i have mine saved in a separate folder on my phone just in case. I would die if it ended up on my twitter/facebook lol

Yeah all 44 surgeries have been on just those two, i kept getting recurring infections and they kept closing up and not healing inside. I had one recently on the 8th Jan, i have two fistulas with two setons drains.

With reference to the first questions, i have had this before on my wound only way i can describe it is like a small blood blister, mine just gradually went away but it was very sore.