Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Dealing with Crohns and trying to find the right meds

02-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
jamescraig123

Dealing with Crohns and trying to find the right meds

My name is James. I'm 30 years old and was just recently diagnosed with Crohns. I have been on Enticort, Lialda, Flagyl and trying to monitor my diet. It seems like I have a flare up every week or so that lasts for a day and then I get back to normal. On top of being diagnosed I was recently told my boss is closing his buisness and at the end of Feb I will be out of a job. Its unfortunate but I understand that life goes on and the most important thing for me is to find a good doctor and the right medicine to combat this painful disease.

Has anybody been recently diagnosed within the past 2 years that has found the right medication, or treatment plan? My girlfriend is completely against having the surgery and my mother thinks I should have it.
02-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
seebee

My Support Groups:
Sorry to hear that you haven't feeling well. What does your doctor advise you to do? Does s/he have any plans to use biologics or immunosuppressants? They help many people achieve remission.
Good luck.
02-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Agreed with seebee: biologics may be your answer. I was kept on the wrong medication for years until I switched to a better GI who got me on a combination of Imuran and Humira. (Remicade works really well for people too, but I'm unfortunately allergic to it.)

I would definitely consider talking about starting biologics before surgery. I have very severe Crohn's and they've really helped me -- when I was at my worst I had doctors talking to me about surgery too, and now I don't think they would dare with how well I've been doing.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Dealing with Crohns and trying to find the right meds