• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New for me

Hi guys just took my first dose of mercaptupurine (can't spell!) not sure what to expect as my doc not very informative? Anyone advise on how I'm going to feel? All I know is blood tests every week and Can have bad side effects ?
Any info would be appreciated xxx

Hi there thanks for the link they've put me on 50mg with the idea to increase if necessary ? Don't know if it's coincidental but having stomach gripes and feel very nauseous but surely two days in this is too early ?

I felt yucky for awhile once I started it just till your body adjust. I am now on 75mg a day and I believe it has helped!! Not sure what I will be like in 5 or 10 years with all these drugs but for now starting to feel like a human being.....

Hi, I started out on 25 a day and then went up to 50. I felt yucky for awhile, but then got better, but my liver levels were not good so now I alternate taking 50 one day and 25 the next. I also went on Allopurinol with it and it put me into remission! Prayers for you to have minimal side effects and great remission.