• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does anyone else have a 'fatty liver' ?

Hi,

I have crohns and in remission and have had a right hemi-colectomy.

I have recently been diagnosed with 'fatty liver' after an ultrsound scan, and awaiting blood results. This all came about after a serious Noro Virus I had over the New Year. The pains in my stomach are quite bad on and off and taking Buscopan and pain killers as well as my meds for crohns and watching my diet. Has anyone else been diagnosed with this and is it anything to do with crohns?

Karisue

Trysha

Staff member
I was diagnosed with fatty liver.
Hashimotos thyroiditis was diagnosed which apparently can be a cause of fatty liver.
Finally I was treated with synthroid for Hashimotos and lipitor for greatly elevated
cholesterol and components.
This took care of it all.
Years later came crohn's...
Hopefully you will receive the same tests to uncover the cause (s) of the fatty liver.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

I was diagnosed with fatty liver at the start. It was my first diagnosis. I have had half my stomach removed, my gallbladder removed, and a rectal prolapse. They kept saying, "you will be normal!". Never happened. Diagnosed with Crohn's in Januar, 2014! That was my LAST diagnosis. I guess that's the end of the line, lol! New member!

David

Co-Founder
If you have fatty liver disease, please be sure to research Choline as if a deficiency in it is your problem (common in Crohn's disease), it could be a relatively easy fix.