• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lower right side is throbbing, belt line is on fire.

I have been feeling like crap today big time. My lower right side has been throbbing and the entire 'belt line' feels like it's no fire. No funky poop issues today, either. Blech, I feel so nauseous and just want to go to bed. Just counting down till bedtime for the sprogs, so I can crash hard. :sign0085:

sorry you feel crappy!
hopefully you are all snuggled in bed and asleep as i type this.
feel better tommorow!

I got the nausea today too, so atleast you're not alone! Hope the nasty pain goes away soon and that you can get some rest. Take care! Xxx

Thanks everyone. Pen, unfortunately I'm not on any meds yet, as I haven't had my colonoscopy (three more weeks, three more weeks!), so the GI hasn't had a chance to go poke around in there yet. I hope it goes by quickly so we can figure out what exactly is going on in there. >=(

Pen said:
3 more weeks! Ouch, and I thought Canadians were slow at appts, ;). That has to be not fun. Hopefully you get dx the first time and not many tests. The only thing I can suggest that doesnt go against any rules are Acidophilus in very high doses, it will help combat bacteria and settle it a bit. Make sure it is refridgerated, check the date on the bottle. Dont buy shelved probiotics, you are wasting your money. All I can suggest, hope you find relief soon.
Thanks bunches for the recommendation. I'm desperate for relief! I felt a little better this morning, but as I started moving around more, I think my body over worked itself and my entire right side from under my ribs down to my appendix is burning, blech! I guess it's time to rest. :confused2:

wow 3 weeks! i dunno, maybe you'd be better off going to emerg.

when i first had sharp pains, i tried to sleep it off but finally cracked and went to emerg...

good thing i did! they did the blood work (which was WAAAAY off!), gave me painkillers and an ultrasound, since the results came back quickly - i took those to my family doctor...

she made an urgent referral to a GI, and i was in for a colonoscopy within a few days... would've been even quicker if it wasn't for the winter holidays. turned out it was a stricture.

so please, if you continue feeling pain, just seek urgent care. don't sit and wait if it continues to get worse, especially because you're not on medication.

Oh hon, I only wish our ER's were as good as the ones in your area. :( I've been in the ER three times due to this (Nov. 1st, Jan. 3rd and Jan. 13th). Bloodwork has came back normal except one time when I had abnormally low magnesium and potassium (doc told me to eat more bananas ::eyeroll::) and the only imaging I had done was a reg. x-ray done the first visit. I'm scared to death that one day it's going to be something "more serious" and I'm going to brush it off. :( BUT, after feeling crappy for several days, I've been really good this past weekend luckily! I was nervous because I also started passing thin stools, but after my right sided pain subsided dramatically, I ended up having one of the most normal bowel movements I've seen in a year. I almost wonder that if I DO indeed having Crohn's if I'm in an on again/off again flare constantly?

vshirley
I am so sorry to hear about all of your problems. Your child and you. I don't know but I think I would call my pcp and tell about all the belly pain if they don't get you in I think I would pick a non busy time and try to go to the ER I don't think I'd mess around it could really be your appendix. I hope every thing goes ok for your child as well.
Bethy

vshirley
I have had those thin stools sometimes when I'm hurting I call them cat terds
I think its the bowel is kind of constricted and they are having trouble getting thro.
Bethy

LOL @ cat turds. Thanks for the much needed laugh. Because the pain is predominatly around my appendix area, my OBGYN ordered me an MRI which came back normal, so luckily we ruled that out so far. I did have a friend of mine whose appendix went bad for months (some doctors will argue that chronic appendicitis doesn't exist), but an ultrasound confirmed that's what it was and she was sent off to surgery pronto.

For some reason, the hospitals here just SUCK when it comes to ordering tests. I was told by one doctor that (before my MRI) that he didn't want to give me a CT scan because of the risk of cancer. Uh, how about the risk of a possible bowel obstruction or rupturing appendix?!? After the second visit, I decided to go to the county hospital where the doctor smirked and smiled while telling me I needed to have an ultrasound done, but felt it was unnecessary because "it was probably nothing". Gag me, please.

Until recently, I had felt completely hopeless. While I'm not happy at ALL that others on this board have been brushed off by imbecile doctors, I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a room shouting as loud as I can and no one can hear me. I even had a relative recently suggest to me that it sounds like I 'just have gas'. Puh-lease.

"just have gas"
wow.

show them pics of your scope ok? if the crohns shows up all nasty in there....it does NOT look like just gas.

kello82 said:
"just have gas"
wow.

show them pics of your scope ok? if the crohns shows up all nasty in there....it does NOT look like just gas.
Seriously! At least people have stopped asking me, "Are you sure you don't just need to poop? When's the last time you've gone". Yes, I've had a huge turd stuck in my lower abdomen for 8 months! Maybe it's a baby? :X

Speaking of pics, has anyone asked their GI to take a video/pictures of your scope for your benefit? I was thinking of asking mine, but I kind of wonder if he'd think I'm nuts? lol

hah maybe its a baby lmao!!
a big giant terd baby.

nope ive never asked for pics or video before. ive actually never even gotten to SEE any of mine! only a teeny bit across the drs desk once cause he had it in front of him.

Try drawing one test after another for 10 hours straight on people who 80% of the time have no legitimate reason to have that test done. Oh yes, and draw the same set of tests on the same people somewhere between every 2 to 24 hours. Then have your doctor refuse to draw even a single blood test on you despite very serious evidence that it's necessary and could completely reverse the course of your treatment.

It can really get under your skin at times. Sometimes I'm tempted to just do the damn tests myself but I could be fired for it. Just like having me sit on my ass all weekend worrying about my biopsy results when I could just type in my name and with two mouse clicks know what they are.

kello82 said:
hah maybe its a baby lmao!!
a big giant terd baby.

nope ive never asked for pics or video before. ive actually never even gotten to SEE any of mine! only a teeny bit across the drs desk once cause he had it in front of him.
I knew it was Mr. Hanky causing me all of this pain and turmoil!

bahaha mr hanky!! hah im cracking up youre funny! :D

hey colt--couldnt you just check the results and not tell? that way you at least can stop worrying about it in a case like that

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
mr hanky...that's funny.

sorry you're feeling poorly. have you been officially diagnosed with crohns or is it still a suspicion? abdominal pain can mean a lot of things. sucks that you aren't taking any meds. i hate it when docs don't work with a sense of urgency.

It shows up in the computer log who looked at what when and they do audits about once a year where they run a search for when the patient and viewer match. It's a big deal for entirely different reasons than what they state officially. Officially it's wasting work time. Hospitals and doctors really do try to prevent patients from knowing about their own health. Patient privacy is really just a cover.

Last edited:
fenway1971 said:
mr hanky...that's funny.

sorry you're feeling poorly. have you been officially diagnosed with crohns or is it still a suspicion? abdominal pain can mean a lot of things. sucks that you aren't taking any meds. i hate it when docs don't work with a sense of urgency.
No diagnosis yet -- hopefully the colonoscopy in a few weeks will shed some light on what's going on.

Argh, and then today I woke up with a feeling in inflammation on the way back of my tongue, grrrr! I had it for about 6-ish weeks, it went away and came back yesterday suddenly. Man, I can't catch a break, LOL. Been sippin' on tea with honey and lemon with little improvement.