• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My diagnosis thus far

my diagnosis thus far

After reading everything and looking back all of this probably started in High school, I started getting really bad headaches and reading became a problem went to the eye doc could not find anything wrong with my vision, then a couple of months later while i was on my period had diarrheah and was in so much pain i could not stand up and walk my mom took me to the emergency room and after a slew of tests the only thing they found was an elevated white blood count and said it was probably a cyst now i know the truth, got better for a while off and on kind of didn't pay much attention to it after that but was having problems with weight would drop 20 lbs and then gain it back and just do this over and over again. After giving birth to my first child I had a bout of constipation i figured this was normal because of child birth however once i did go i didn't stop constant diarreah for six months straight and constant bleeding for 6 months straight not from the rear. It quit i got better gained my weight back etc. Then along comes second child she is almost 3 now couple of more weeks and i have had diarrhea everyday since then, i blew it off at first because i thought it would go away like it did the first time after getting really bad and going on myself a couple of times i got extremely scared because of my family history with colon cancer. My sister had it at age 17, three aunts two uncles which some have died from and only 2 have made it to remission. So anyways i had to plea and cry with the doctors and lose 40 lbs in 6 months and they finally decided to send me to a GI, I had a clonoscopy and they found inflammation in my bile ducts, I was put on bentyl, entocort ec, a couple of other things don't remember what they were, and told that i would be fine after 6 weeks like it would go away this was 2yrs ago, i have lost my health insurance because i had to switch jobs i could not continue doing what i was doing so getting treatment for this is harder than ever now, i need to see the GI again I was told to get a colonoscopy every 1-2 yrs because of history with cance. I was told I had enteritis colitis, but isn't this supposed to be infectious like it should ahve went away I went to the clinic to seea nurse practioner she ahs been taking care of me for years now, and she says to me, I think you have more crohns than anything else and I am waiting to get a new GI doc at the state hospital so my visits will be covered. i am just so angry about all of this, I am so tired most days that i can truly only function right for about 5-6 hours a day it has caused so much emotional turmoil that it's crazy any advice would be wonderful thank you, crystal

hey crystal & welcome
sorry that your dx process is so rough. we will be here for you to answer any questions about testing, meds, etc.
theres lots of information here, so have a look around.
keep updating us :)

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hi Crystal and welcome to the forum. Isn't it crazy that you have to get SO sick to get the docs to do something sometimes?? I hope getting that vent out helped a bit. Hope you get to feeling a bit better.

Hey Crystal
Sorry to hear how rough things have been for you. Do you have close friends or family around to help you out? I can relate with only being able to function for part of the day... I work 8 hours, and that's it... my tank is empty. I get home and can barely take care of things. I don't have any kids, I can imagine how much more tough it must be to have to care for them, too. Hopefully this is the part where it's worse before it starts getting better... you deserve a break. Stay strong.