• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So many questions

18 years of having Crohn's, and this is the first post I've ever made. While I've had my share of issues with Crohn's, I've always felt pretty fortunate:

96-99 Ascaol
99-2002- Drug Free
02-04 Pentasa
05-Prednisone (hate that stuff, felt like a vampire- Night=day)
05-Imuran
05-Ileum re-section
05-14- Drug Free

Over the last several months my disease is back. My doctor wants to put me on Humira, but I'm as stubborn as the day is long.

I'm willing to try a SCD diet, but how do I start it? I've always said I could digest a Big Mac easier then a healthy salad- I was recently hospitalized with a flare, and have been on a non-dairy, non-gluten, and no-sugar diet (except when I ate my 5 year olds cookie today, I may have cracked). How do I introduce the veggies needed to go to a SCD without having another flare? I'm eating rice, potatoes, and some meats right now- I'm worried about that shift.

It's hard for me right now because I was drug free for so long, to have no gradual step up in drug progression straight to Humira. I'm really struggling with it, and wondering if others feel it's too drastic. I'm certainly open to any ideas.

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Jefferyt
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear your crohn's is back.
There is plenty of information available on this forum and if you go to the top of this page you will see a title Resources click on it and it will bring you to a list where you can choose, SCD diet is one.
There is also a subforum in here which concerns Humira and has lots of info you can access.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Hello Jefferyt and :welcome: glad you found this forum there is lots of support, information and advice on here so don't hesitate to ask any questions. Like Trysha suggested make sure you check out the Humira subforum.

Hope you get to feeling better soon sending :ghug: your way.