• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question regarding abscess consultations

I have an internal abscess and chronic cuffitis, as well as a j pouch.
The abscess refuses to go away, and I've had it for over a year.

I currently live in Israel, and am receiving treatment with some of the best surgeons here. However I am looking to receive a second opinion from a doctor in the US.
That is the purpose of this post, I would really appreciate if you guys could recommend the best colorectal surgeons as well as abscess specializing gastro docs (and if you have contact information to their web site or to their clinics that would also be appreciated.

I can elaborate and explain my situation, or send a small document explaining my medical history if any of you are interested.

Thank you,
Gal

My colorectal surgeon is one of the best in the US. She is very thorough, down-to-earth, and caring. I'm being serious when I say that she saved my life. I love her and would not go to anyone else. Here is her info http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/people/21602139-jenny-r-speranza. Just a word of warning: she is booking pretty far out. However, if you ask to speak to her nurse, they should be able to get you an appointment much sooner than the rececptionist.

He is not in the U.S., but Dr Thomas Borody is in Australia. He has made some major advancements in treatments. One of his treatments is for Crohns: it is called the anti M.A.P. (mycobacterium avium paratuberculosis) treatment and consists of 3 antibiotics which improve symptoms such as abscesses.

they are currently doing trial testing on the anti M.A.P. treatment in Florida (U.S.), Israel and Australia. It has had an 80% success rate in reaching remission.

best to you... and it would be great to get some in-put on the doctors in Israel as well.

Whatever you chose, please keep us updated on your health and progress. Try to keep your chin up, it will get better.